Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best portable broadband

Options
  • 01-02-2007 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

i want to get broadband in my house in dublin 8.. had smart broadband before they cut everyone off.. took to long to recconect... im leaving here in 3 months.. so im looking to have some sort of cotnract taht i can take with me to new house...staying in dublin..

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Any of the DSL providers will allow you to move your contract to a new address, however it will be subject to broadband being available at the new address. If it isn't, then they'll make you pay out the remainder. LOS wireless providers (like Digiweb metro or IBB Breeze) will need to have the aerial moved and may well charge you full installation costs to do this, and again it would be subject to availability at the new address.

The only portable broadband solutions would be IBB Ripwave and Clearwire, but both of these are pretty much rubbish. Once again availability plays a part here but you could just bring the modem with you if you're covered. Ripwave has no contract but Clearwire is 12 months.

Finally, a 3G datacard from one of the mobile operators might do. Patchy coverage here though makes this a somewhat dodgy option too. You might be on little more than dial up speeds for fairly excessive broadband prices.

Advertisement