Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving test today!! arrgh!!

• 01-02-2007 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Have it today at 2.50 and just realized i know **** all of the questions and signs you're asked before you actually go driving!! Anyone know any sites that have these questions and stuff??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

http://www.lireland.com/theory/theory.htm

looks like a site you could use, there also appears to be a load of others one's on good old google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Heyes wrote:
    http://www.lireland.com/theory/theory.htm

looks like a site you could use, there also appears to be a load of others one's on good old google.

Tried Google, but all I could find were questions for the theory test!!:rolleyes:

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Tried Google, but all I could find were questions for the theory test!!:rolleyes:

you ll probable only be asked 3 or 4 questions, there gonna be similar to those that are on the theory test. like what do you look out for on a country road, what does a single white line mean, whats the thread depth of a tyre etc etc... so look at the theory questions aswell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

http://www.irishmotoring.ie/car/rulesoftheroad.php?gclid=CIWe7ZKKjYoCFQ5-MAodZB4Tgw

Also not trying to be smart but you should know all the answers to the questions if you drive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not trying to knock you OP, but I'm guessing you've waited over 6 months for this test and possibly double that.

You could have been better prepared as you may ace the practical part today and you'll be raging with yourself if you get faults on the theory part.

• Advertisement

micmclo wrote:
    Not trying to knock you OP, but I'm guessing you've waited over 6 months for this test and possibly double that.

You could have been better prepared as you may ace the practical part today and you'll be raging with yourself if you get faults on the theory part.

I know thats what im worried about, my instructor said im ready for the driving part, its the theory part he wants me to read up on!!..I know its my own fault though! I just hope I get asked the questions I know, which is about 75% of them!

Thanks for the replies guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

Is the Rules of the Road book still out there? I did my test a couple of years ago and found it great because all the road signs were easy to read and remember. I got it in my local post office but there is probably an online version, like the other posters said, google. Best of luck!

to be honest try not to worry about it, if you stress it will affect your driving, if your not sure about an answer think about it logically, chances are you will be right. Most of the questions are a matter of just copping on to whats around you,its not ment to catch you out.

Just relax , take it easy and be sure to check your mirrors :p and best of luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

best of luck with the test SaxoDuff , just try and relax and drive as normal and you should be OK , where you doing your test BTW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭fluppet

Passed mine two days ago :D

You can get 2 or 3 questions/technical checks wrong and they will only be marked as Grade 1 (i.e. don't count).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rules of the road is in the link I posted!!

Just remember that the questions they ask are all the same just differently worded is all!!!
    Have a read of the link and good luck with the test!!

Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it!

And Miju, im doing the test here in Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

where is the test from in dundalk, fairways or the new place?

event wrote:
    where is the test from in dundalk, fairways or the new place?

New place, down the coes road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Most of them are obvious the only ones that aren't have something to do with train tracks or bus lanes, I can't really rememeber :D

You should have done a leason the day before they go over all the questions your going to get the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it!

And Miju, im doing the test here in Dundalk.

hopefully you are already wondering what all the fuss was about :)

yeah come on how did you get on ??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Did you pass?
    Did you pass?
    Did you pass?
    Did you pass?
    Did you pass?
    Did you pass?
    Did you pass?
    Did you pass?
    Did you pass?

Heyes wrote:
    you ll probable only be asked 3 or 4 questions, there gonna be similar to those that are on the theory test. like what do you look out for on a country road, what does a single white line mean, whats the thread depth of a tyre etc etc... so look at the theory questions aswell.
    Thread depth of a tyre? Do tyres have threads? o.O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

1.3mm

• Advertisement

Oh, tread depth. I get it now. thanks :)

i reckon SaxoDuff could be off sulking somewhere OR maybe rallying around Dundalk in sheer delight as passing the test , though I'm gonna go for the first one :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'd say he drove straight to the pub. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

is your driving test at 2:50am cause otherwise i fail to see what this has to do with after hours

ah behave will ye Cremo :)

Cremo, dont be a dick!
    And everyone else...I...PASSED!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

bluewolf wrote:
    Oh, tread depth. I get it now. thanks :)

smart arse :rolleyes: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well done, be safe out there now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Cremo, dont be a dick!
    i'm not being a dick, i just think if other motoring related threads get moved out of afters hours quickly why should yours be any different?

congrats on passing by the way.

• Advertisement

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Cremo, dont be a dick!

wah hey , congrats on passing , hope ye pulled a big bad ass wheel spin away from the testing centre after you got your cert :D

Cremo wrote:
    i'm not being a dick, i just think if other motoring related threads get moved out of afters hours quickly why should yours be any different?

congrats on passing by the way.

Okay, maybe dick was abit strong and I suppose you got a point, but i didnt really know where to post it as its not really to do with a car so i couldnt post it in motors and i needed replies asap!

thanks again for the comments and help people!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement