Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Broadband Woes

Options
  • 01-02-2007 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

I just want broadband. Is that too much to ask? I need options....

Here is the story so far:

I'm in a new estate (a year old) in Castleconnell in Co. Limerick.

I tried Vodafone BB late last year (borrowed a card from a friend of mine). Despite being less than a mile from a 3G mast, I was getting sub-dialup speeds.

Next I tried Eircom (I'm willing to put up with the extortionate line rental to get internet). I ordered an Eircom line in October, and was given a December date. That date passed, so I called them again. They said 7th January. That date passed, so I called them again (See a pattern here?) They said 31st January (yesterday). That date passed, so I called them this morning.

The girl I spoke to said that there was no cabling in the area at all, that it was a huge job, and she said "don't hold your breath". Lovely.

How can you build a new modern estate with 50+ houses in it, and not have it cabled for bloody phonelines?

So I called Digiweb this morning. They have a sign at the side of the road about a quarter of a mile away saying "Broadband in Castleconnell! Call blah blah blah". So I called. There is BB in Castleconnell, just not in my estate (no Line of Sight).

All I want is bloody broadband.

Are there any other options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

try this as it lists services available.http://www.broadband.gov.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

IRISH Broadband? Although line of site could be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

i don't mean this to be funny but option 1 is you move house and option 2 is you wait a couple of years and hope for the best.

Same buzz i'm on really and i live 1 mile outside Drogheda.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just goes to show what can happen in 2 weeks. My phoneline is now in (Eircom called me last Thursday to say that the line was active). I did a broadband test this morning, and my line passed. Broadband is ordered, and I should be up and running in the next 2 weeks.....

Its a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

Advertisement