Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Euro Vs Jap

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

maidhc wrote:
    I was afraid to say it. :)

Why were you scared? It's an internet forum. What did you think would happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

cpoh1 wrote:
    Im glad a focus fulfills you driving wise, it just means you are easily satisfied. For me and any other petrol head out there the focus is about as fun or interesting to drive as...jees I cant even think of a poor enough analogy!

Utter crap mate - the focus is a blast to drive as the chassis is superb and would be admired and enjoyed by any petrol who knows jack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

maidhc wrote:
    Even pretty cool Jap cars like the Rx7/8 are just refinements on what was once a european idea in the NSU.
    Thats just a silly statement. The NSU Ro80 was a family 4 door saloon. It happened to use a rotary engine. Mazda had the balls to produce the rotory after the europeans gave up. They used it in a sports car, and made it reliable.
    It bears no resemblance to an NSU. If thats the case, then we all just drive what is an American idea... a mass produced car with a piston engine! That would mean that America are the kings over Euro and Jap, and I think we all know that ain't true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Biro wrote:
    Thats just a silly statement. The NSU Ro80 was a family 4 door saloon. It happened to use a rotary engine. Mazda had the balls to produce the rotory after the europeans gave up. They used it in a sports car, and made it reliable.
    It bears no resemblance to an NSU. If thats the case, then we all just drive what is an American idea... a mass produced car with a piston engine! That would mean that America are the kings over Euro and Jap, and I think we all know that ain't true!!

Didn't NSU have a sportscar too? Is the RX reliable?

Fair play to Mazda for persisting with the Wankel engine though. I doubt if they could afford to do it without American (Ford) money though!

Advertisement