Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

wyndham wrote:
    Was out there last night and the place is all closed up with a sign in the window stating that they were closed because the restaurant backfilled with smoke due to a ducting problem in the Pavilion Centre. Should be reopened later in the week I think. Was looking forward to my venison burger.

It's open again now, but when I went there yesterday lunchtime, it was packed and people were queueing to get in:eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It's open again now, but when I went there yesterday lunchtime, it was packed and people were queueing to get in:eek:

the day after a great review is never a good time to visit..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

With price being a factor, I think a good old bacon whopper is...well, whopper.
    Or better yet, McDonalds double cheese burger...only two bloody euro.

And while I remember it....the woolshed burgers are terrible.
    Terrible terrible things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I've been thoroughly put off Zaytoon after witnessing one of the staff use the toilets and failed to wash his hands before going back to work

• Advertisement

Did he piss on his hands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I had an Eddie Rockets burger recently. Unfortunately I tried to be adventurous when I was hungry and ordered blue cheese on it. It tasted like a disease. All I could eat was the bun that hadn't touched it. I wretch to remember. And they didn't play my song...

Did he piss on his hands?

why would you be ok with him not washing as long as he only gave himself a good shaking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

KTRIC wrote:
    I'm shocked and appalled that no-one here mention Captain America's on Grafton St. , I'm in there once a month and the burgers are fantastic. They're proper handmade burgers aswell, not that frozen sh!te.

Seriously? Everytime I eat there I swear I'm never going back. The food comes out way too quickly to have been freshly made and it tastes it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Did you try the "Angus" Burger from Burgerking?? Seen them advertised on the side of a bus recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Angus burgers are rotten.

Ricks do a great burger, so do eddie rockets.

Da Bounca wrote:
    Angus burgers are rotten.

Ricks do a great burger, so do eddie rockets.

I thought they were ok compared to the normal burgers, and of course
    at least BK do the whopper compared to McDs efforts.

nothing like a ricks or eddies, but ok if stuck..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Last time I was in Burger King I saw them microwave my burger. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ask for one off the broiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I don't think I should have to ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Last time I was in Burger King I saw them microwave my burger. Never again.

Did you have a camera?. All their burgers are supposed to be flame grilled. http://www.burgerking.co.uk/
    If im not happy with a burger, ie too cold , sitting too long, not right etc I just ask for another one, that goes for Mc Donalds too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They are all flame grilled in the broiller and then but in a steamer to keep warm.
    The patty part can be warmed up in the mircowave as the burger is being assembled esp it there is cheese and bacon added to it.

If you when you order you ask for one that is 'off the broiler' you get it very hot
    and it had not been left standing in the steamer or warmed in the mircowave.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Burdock's anyone?

Steak wrote:
    Burdock's anyone?

didn't even know they did burgers, if you go to burdocks surely you have to get fish and chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jasonhjjones

found another gourmet burger place in ranelagh it's good, the burgers are massive we walked out of the place stuffed, better than rockets or bobos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

found another gourmet burger place in ranelagh it's good, the burgers are massive we walked out of the place stuffed, better than rockets or bobos

That's Jo'burger I'd say. It's lovely.

Real Gourmet Burger in Dun Laoighaire is good.

BoBo's isn't that great to be honest. They don't season the patties, and although the toppings are tasty, the burgers are unsatisfying.

is jo'burger not in rathmines?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I never order burgers any more, there is some EU regulation that means you can't order them rare. Stick to my home made ones on the BBQ now, nice and pink and moise in the middle!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Was recently in Burdocks in christchurch and got a batter buger,not like the usual crap you get in any other chipper,definitly the nicest battered burger ive ever had

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Cafe Del Rio in abbey st opposite the abbey theatre do a great quarter pounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

That Gourmet Burger place in Ranelagh is only new [ 3-4 weeks old ] . Near McSorleys same side of the road.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

copacetic wrote: »
    is jo'burger not in rathmines?

It is.. The burgers are lovely, bit pricey but very tasty, and they provide board games incase you get bored while you wait.. I had a few games of guess who last time I was in :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

rick's real hamburgers on dame street

best damn veggie burger in Dublin:D

i had a friend down from Belfast one weekend and all she kept going on about was going to Rick's for a Burger. So we duly went to Rick's at about 3am, she has just taken her first bite and some muppet, very calmly, took the burger from her hand and walked out the door eating it.

i have never laughed so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

TGI Fridays' burgers are very nice, and I only like home-made cooked burgers:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I like Mcdonalds hamburgers

that fake onionmustardketchup stuff is a legend, and only a euro!

Advertisement