Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Abrakebabra burgers are pretty nice:)

And the Savoy on the NCR near croker is pretty nice too.

Have to agree Zaytoon kebabs are tops!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ricks has gone seriously downhill, and sent me runing back to eddies.
    Much to my delight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Have to agree Zaytoon kebabs are tops!

+1 they're sexy, aslong as you don't get the relish on it.:mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Ricks has gone seriously downhill, and sent me runing back to eddies.

Yeah? I've had plenty from there (both sober and drunk) and they've been great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jasonhjjones

I have to say zaytoon is fab, yeah went back to the gourmet burger place in ranelagh near the bank called gourmet burger co, again rolled out of the place and had a couple of fruit ciders which went down a treat. Jo'burger is a good spot too but ranelagh has the edge and the pubs if you ask me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Jo burger is good
    And there is a place on Camden st.. as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    The film centre in Temple Bar does a savage burger.

The best kebab is Zaytoon.........FACT!!!

going against popular opinion here but

i think that place is so processed,i actually ate it stone cold sober one afternoon and never ever went back

u should try the greasy turks on the corner of kevin st/wexford sst for a real kebab

it used to be called hot chilli but the name may have changed

lightening wrote: »
    I never order burgers any more, there is some EU regulation that means you can't order them rare. Stick to my home made ones on the BBQ now, nice and pink and moise in the middle!

fast food joints wont give out rare burgers but in a decent restaurant or hotel u can still get them

fallon and byrne cook them medium unless instructed otherwise but what they call medium wud be a rare in a lot of places

IRLConor wrote: »
    Yeah? I've had plenty from there (both sober and drunk) and they've been great!

got a double decker from ricks on saturday for lunch and it was ridiculous,there was enough meat in the box to make about 5 bk whoppers

it pays to throw them a few euro every now and then for tips ,they will look after u if u do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

+1 on Jo Burger.

I've been to a lot of the places mentioned and they are ok, better after a load of pints (most things are).

Went to Jo Burger back in sept for my brothers birthday and my Lord those burgers were great. Nice atmosphere too. So many choices of burger as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

BOBOs on Camden Street do a nice burger

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

When I feel super hungry I go to Abrakebabra (Lower O'Connell St) and order a "Big One". It's a half pounder with cheese (if you want it). If you are completely famished then get Taco Fries to go with it. Guaranteed not to eat until the following afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Had a few burgers in the last few weeks and have to mention green19 on camden street. Great burger and their homemade ketchup is so good I would drink it from a mug!!

Secondly I was in Soho?? on Georges street( just down from the dunnes/atm) today and the burger was very tasty, good chips too. Got starter and mains for a tenner!! nyom nyom

JoBUrger was good but not big on the homemade ketchup or homemade beans but the burger was huge and tasty.

Have a special place in my heart(belly) for a burger from Eddie Rockets (empty pockets ) only worth it if you go balls out and get a feast with inion rings, chips and shake!!

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

The ones in Elephant and castle are very nice. I often get a good chicken burger from Mizzoni.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

King Burger in Ilac Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

had my first bobo's over easter-mouthwatering!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Giblet wrote: »
    Zaytoons. Delicious.

..do they have burgers?
    WindSock wrote: »
    I had an Eddie Rockets burger recently. Unfortunately I tried to be adventurous when I was hungry and ordered blue cheese on it. It tasted like a disease. All I could eat was the bun that hadn't touched it. I wretch to remember. And they didn't play my song...

Made that mistake once myself.
    Plain cheesey (cheddar) chicken does the job.
    kdave wrote: »
    King Burger in Ilac Centre

lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

swingking wrote: »
    captain americas is the best burger in town. The gas thing is that they have been around since the early 80s:)

I was in there recently, and the burger tastes as good as it tasted back in 1990

+1. Plus the atmosphere there can be great, right in the centre of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The Counter in Dundrum is spectacular! Pricey though but for a 'good burger' it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 punkeasy

I ve been to this place many times and the service is always super friendly :D
    its an aussie sports bar.
    http://www.woolshedbaa.com/Menu.html

The Food never takes to long and is always as you asked for..:)
    Big value for money eats:pac:........

super place with no cons. :):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

I have to put a vote in for Buffalo 19 in Harold's Cross. The burgers are nothing short of fantastic and the prices are excellent.

The Texas Chilli Burger or the New York Supreme are unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ackros

Top 3 i know of to date are:

dublin:
    #3 elephant & castle
    #2 Jo's burgers,
    #1 Gourmet burger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The Counter in Dundrum is spectacular! Pricey though but for a 'good burger' it's worth it.

Cant believe it took 80 posts before someone mentioned The Counter :eek:, amazing burgers with plenty of options to suit all tastes.

Been meaning to sample Jo Burger just havent got around to it yet, and ive now added bobo,s and Gourmet Burger to the list.

Those saying T.G.I,s and Captain Americas no way there over priced and under flavoured, The Counter may be dear but you get value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

#1 Bobo's
    #2 The Counter
    #3 Jo Burger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Best burgers I've had were in The Porterhouse North and Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Temple Bar).

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

i read this thread title as "good burglar"..sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gerfishboy

Ricks is great for burger burgaling... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Another vote for The Counter, was there last month and it was quality. Some interesting toppings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was in Bobo's on Thursday before a gig in Whelan's and it was dreadful, a real let down after having some great burgers there in the past. The patty was dry and bland, the chips were awful and the onion rings (I got a half-and-half) a stodgy, greasy mess.

Hoping it's just a once off, but I noticed that they had a Georgina Campbell award for 2009 and 2010, but not for 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

This one is out in the 'burbs but their hamburgers are spectacular - The Blu Bar at Skerries Harbour. Their chicken wings are quite amazing too.

Advertisement