Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good burger in Dublin?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Cant believe it took 80 posts before someone mentioned The Counter :eek:, amazing burgers with plenty of options to suit all tastes.

Been meaning to sample Jo Burger just havent got around to it yet, and ive now added bobo,s and Gourmet Burger to the list.

Those saying T.G.I,s and Captain Americas no way there over priced and under flavoured, The Counter may be dear but you get value for money.

I'm pretty sure the Counter didn't exist during the first 70 posts :rolleyes:

They do make tasty burgers tho:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

first bobo's thanks to this thread it was amazing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anyone try byrnes handcrafted burgers in the food Hal on liffey street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gerfishboy

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Another vote for The Counter, was there last month and it was quality. Some interesting toppings too.

Heards good thing alri. must head in there next time im visiting the moth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

MIN2511 wrote: »
    #1 Bobo's
    #2 The Counter
    #3 Jo Burger

same for me at the moment, jo burger used to be clear no. 1 but quality has kinda dropped the last 2 times i was there but that was back in october. anyone been in jo's recently, is it as good as it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Slunk wrote: »
    Anyone try byrnes handcrafted burgers in the food Hal on liffey street?

Got one last Friday, groupon voucher, was ok, not amazing.

Wouldn't have been happy if I'd paid full whack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Last time I was in Burger King I saw them microwave my burger. Never again.

Every burger they cook in advance is microwaved before it's served.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Had a nice burger in Bóbós the other week.

Used to enjoy the GBK, but had to stop going there cos of OH's allergies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Is Jo'Burger in the city centre worth a shot. Myself and the lads liked GBK the last time (mainly because of the variety compared to most burger places, though I usually go for a double burger with a fried egg on it if I was in a good burger restaurant).

A few of us are heading to Dublin for a night out at the end of January, and we will have the opportunity to get 2 meals, most likely both burger places, is the elephant and castle any good for food?

I'm not into chips and all that extra ****e, it's the quality of the meat that matters!

Regail me with stories of burger joints lads!

Also good beer is necessary (Erdinger, Paulaner preferably etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

If you like variety, go to the Counter, awesome burgers with the toppings you want. You get a pencil and form to order your burger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Dermighty wrote: »
    Is Jo'Burger in the city centre worth a shot.

I've been to Jo'Burger in town a few times, the burger is always delicious and they ask you what way you want it cooked..even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

couple of recent burgers Ive enjoyed are hugos, yum and dax all around south city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Jo'Burger has never set me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Bobos is p1ss poor these days. The burger quality is good but the sides are a real let down. Frozen chips, bad onion rings, no sauces/dips, bar a disgusting dirty glass bottle of heinz that has been refilled countless times on the table, complete with encrustation of old ketchup at the top of the bottle. The last couple of times I was in there, there has been no other diners, and it's painfully obvious why. Meanwhile Eddie Rockets across the road is generally always quite busy, as is Yum up the street. These are 2 burgeries that I would have considered below par to Bobos in it's early days. Not any more.

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Tesco.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Jo'Burger is my absolute favourite, especially in a wrap rather than a bun. The Deadly Fries (weekly/daily special) are always delicious.

The last GBK I had was absolutely disgusting. Would never go there again.

The Counter is really good, love their crispy onion things. Also discovered that bean sprouts are surprisingly good on a chicken burger!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Over a two year bump of this thread that's a total coincidence, with an obvious elephant in the room... or is that a horse?

Advertisement