Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stupid XBOX live subs renewal

• 01-02-2007 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

does it automatially,
    i needed to enter creditcard when i was signing up,

just got charged 60 euros, i only play Street fighter 3 and only once a month,
    how do i cancel renewal. i doubt i can cancel that 60 euros now? its been charged on my credit card but payments due the 20th of a feb.

poor me, cant afford 60 !!! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

That happened me before and I ran up the next working day and they cancelled my subscription and refunded me no questions asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Ciaran500 wrote:
    That happened me before and I ran up the next working day and they cancelled my subscription and refunded me no questions asked.
    You can ring up and cancel, they're normally good about refunding your money.

Best way to go is the prepaid cards (GameStop and HMV have them among others).

You can prepay for 1 month, 3 months or 12 months and when it's over you get automatically bumped back down to a (free) Silver membership.

I noticed that small print about the automatic renewal if you do it by credit card and said "No, thank you very much".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

where do i ring up ?
    and how much is a one month card?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

try eBay. I picked up a couple of 12 month subs there for 30 - 40 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Placebo wrote:
    where do i ring up ?
    and how much is a one month card?

thanks
    If you buy them in the shops, the XBox Live Subs are about the same price as you pay online (with a credit card).
    You can get a bargain on ebay, Amazon.com, etc. but the US Cards 12 Month+1 Month free apparently don't work outside the US. The regular 12 month one should work, there's another thread here about that.
    Amazon are selling them for $39.99 (about €33 ... as good as half price, if they work!)

If you're buying on eBay, be careful that some clown isn't going to sell you a prepaid card that has already been activated. You never know, it could happen.

For Refunds the http://live.xbox.com site shows quite a bit of info:
    #####
    For information about changing or canceling your membership and your membership refund policy, see www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/xbox/accounts/default.htm.

If you modify your renewal subscription to Xbox Live, you may qualify for a refund from XboxLive for the unused period of service.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/xbox/accounts/refunds.htm

####

• Advertisement
Advertisement