Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

league Creation Script - php

Options
  • 01-02-2007 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to write a script that creates a fixture list. I have already done the script that adds users to a league but i dont know how to go about creating the fixtures for all the users. Anyone know how i can do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Well have you thought about it logically yet? Or are you just looking for an answer? Best to give us some idea, even roughly, how you would think you might go about this, and allow us to guide you from there, you'll learn more that way.

Not to bust your chops altogether I'll say this. You could query the database for all the users to be included in the fixtures list and order them randomly, gather the results in to an array and echo the array elements one by one. One solution, not the best one though, just some food for thought. Where would that fall down?

Also, wrong forum, should be over in programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

I have limited programming experience. My site mainly runs of the same sort of function i.e. date(), mysql_fetch_array, extract ($rows), etc. Bar the basics its all a bit of a stuggle for me, im self thought so only know what i needed to for certain things and nothing else.

Talking about saving the results into an array even confuses me :confused: , anyway i'll have a go at figuring it out or try the programming forum.

Advertisement