Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What school?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Educate Together school
    dame wrote:
    Never read his book but looks like our poll here is proving him right then!

Well, his book while entertaining was extremely Dublin-centric on a number of points and this would be one of them. Gaelscoils are not the 'posh option' in a lot of the country tbh.

For example, I voted Gaelscoil along with simu because we are raising our son through Irish. It would be a logical step to send him to a Gaelscoil. Personally I went to all public schools, and I view all the furore over what school your child goes to as a bit of a non-argument for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Whchever is nearest (they're all the same)
    Not sure if anyone is interested but the following is a link to a petition calling for the Dept of Education to take the responsibility for providing adaquate suitable schools - if you are interested you might like to sign it.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/new-schools-for-21st-century-ireland.html

The Educate Together network asks that the State, through the Department of
    Education & Science, takes responsibility for the planning and delivery of new
    educational infrastructure which provide equality of access to all families
    regardless of social, cultural or religious background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Whchever is nearest (they're all the same)
    Kildrought wrote:
    " Private multidenominational secondary " - was this in Ireland? and if it was do you mind naming the school?

Hi, St. Andrew's College and wesley College (Dundrum) accept students from "nontraditional" backgrounds and are open (or at least have been open) to accepting students of other faiths and offer great education - and great resources.

Advertisement