Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing a second degree

Options
  • 01-02-2007 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey,

Im in the middle of my degree in computer science, and I want to apply for another degree in theoretical physics in trinity or possibly aboard. However, I don't have the points to apply directly through the CAO, so I was just wondering is it possible for me to do this. Like does having a degree already count at all towards doing a second degree.

I will be 21 so I don't want to wait for the mature student option, so I am thinking if I have to go through the CAO with points, I would deffinatley consider going to London to do it.

Has anyone any experience with this, or experience with applying to english universities(i.e points/difficulty of entry/etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

hi, i dropped outta college just before xmas as i wanted to do something else aswell. i think it depends on the college wether they want to take you as a transfer student or not??your have to get top class grandes i kno. you should ring the college in Ireland your interested in first.
    As for english universities or northern irish universities i know that there is some lee way with them as i have had friends who have rang admissions on the day they get their results and asked cud they get into that course and they did. its definitley more flexible than CAO no doubt!!
    Hope this helps btw!!Good Luck!
    Fiona xxx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

yes your degree will count for entry.

Contact the colleges access office,it is what they are there for and are normally helpfuil.

Advertisement