Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Booster Pumps

Options
  • 01-02-2007 4:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

The water pressure in the main bathroom of my house is a little low so I would like to put a booster pump in for the shower.

I don't want to put in a pump that drains the hot tank in 30 seconds and has me in agony but would still like a reasonable amount of power so you can get two 5 minute showers out of a full tank.

I came across this which is a 1.4 Bar pump. Would this be powerful enough or would it just be something similar to an electric shower? I want something thats a good bit more powerful than an electric shower.

What kind of prices and where would I get one also as that site above is english and I can't find anything on the B&Q website. God be with the days when we catually walked into a shop and asked :)

Also, I would ideally like to install it where the hot tank is. Is this much of an ordeal? What plumbing skills are required or would easy instructions come with the pump.

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Just got the same job done. I got a stuart 55 1.5bar pump (monsoon) installed beside the hot water tank in the hot press. Its got 2 inlets (hot in, cold in) and 2 outlets (hot out, cold out).
    I got mine in CDV beside powercity in blanchardstown for under €250. Plenty of pressure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Sounds like 1.5bar is plenty for my needs. Saw one in B&Q yesterday for €184. Can't remember the name of it.

Is it easy to plumb?? I mean does it involve cutting pipes and water everywhere??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

from what i hear from plumbers the monsoon is prop the best make you can get and i def dont have any complaints with it. yes you have to cut the hot and cold water pipes before they go into the mixer.
    after cutting the pipes, prob copper, the cold coming form the water tank goes to cold inlet and the cold pipe to the mixer connects to the cold outlet. you can add qualpex to the copper pipes. the same is done for the hot. the pump is really just going in series with the pipes. if you dont want any leaks get a plumber- thats what i did.
    electrically you will need a spur with a 5a fuse. the flex from the pump just connects to the load side. again if unsure get an electrician.

Advertisement