Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML images

Options
  • 01-02-2007 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hey. I have built a web site with a series of images forming a frame around some central content (pretty standard design). It looks great in Firefox, but in IE6 there are gaps between the images, ruining the whole frame look. There are thousands of web sites out there that use the technique of placing images side by side so they look like one big image, and they display with no problems.
    So what am I doing wrong?!?
    All help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Hey. I have built a web site with a series of images forming a frame around some central content (pretty standard design). It looks great in Firefox, but in IE6 there are gaps between the images, ruining the whole frame look. There are thousands of web sites out there that use the technique of placing images side by side so they look like one big image, and they display with no problems.
    So what am I doing wrong?!?
    All help appreciated!

your page not looking right in IE is a common problem for web developers since IE 5 and 6 tend to draw the page in non-standard ways, and have a number of bugs.

off the top of my head it could be your margins (IE handlings margins in a non-standard way). Or sometimes IE handles white space in your HTML funny. It could also be your DOCTYPE at the top of your HTML (or the one IE defaults to if you haven't selected on). IE will change how it handles the code based on the DOCTYPE to handle older websites that might not follow correct standards.

Do a search in Google for IE quirks and solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 keeffe2001

one way you could do it is to have a table and then use the images as background images for cells in the table.

http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/46469

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 thegoose

in your img tag defintions ensure that you have the border attribute set to zero pixals.

Using a style sheet you can set the spacing around images and what not. That is more likely the issue as opposed to the border size...

Advertisement