Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predict the card for WrestleMania XXIII

• 01-02-2007 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

World Heavyweight Title
    Batista vs. Undertaker

Taker to win here, to extend his run, and end Batista's run as a main-eventer forever. *prays*

WWE Championship
    John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge

I can see Orton winning this, assuming it happens, and developing a feud with Edge.

ECW Heavyweight Title
    Bobby Lashley vs. Marcus Cor Von

I'd like to see Monty get a go, but I'd say Hardcore Holly is a more likely opponent for Lashley. Either way, Lashley will retain.

Trump vs. McMahon
    Shawn Michaels (w/Trump) vs. King Booker (w/McMahon)

Could be a good match, and is strongly rumoured to happen. McMahon and Trump's appearance will no doubt ruin it.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
    Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Kane vs. Rob Van Dam vs. C.M. Punk

I think this would be an awesome match. The way I would like to see this particular match go is by Kane winning and going after the Taker. Carlito might be in there instead of Punk, if his backstage problems are as bad as expected.
    However, I'm sure they will not put on a match near as good as this one, as Umaga and Kennedy will probably be involved. I have my own plans for them...

World Tag Team Titles
    London & Kendrick vs. MNM

I'd like to see MNM back for good. The winners of this match could then choose what brand to go to, as the Undertaker and Batista are challenging for the Raw tag titles at No Way Out. MNM will win and choose Raw.

U.S. Championship
    Chris Benoit vs. Finlay

These two guys need to be on the card, so throw them together!

Other Matches
    Hulk Hogan vs. Shane McMahon (w/Great Khali)

Going to be awful, but its a cert to happen. Hogan gets to powerslam Khali. Whoopdy****indoo.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

Why not? Much like Benoit and Finlay, they need to be in there somewhere.

The 1st Ever "Losing Challengers from the Royal Rumble Title Matches, Because There Is Nothing Else To Do With Them" Match
    Umaga vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Test

Just joking. But seriously, keep them out of MitB! Not that I don't like these guys, but time and place and all that.

This is just what I want to happen. It will be fun to see who guesses closest to what really happens!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

WWE Championship
    John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels v The Undertaker

World Heavyweight Title
    Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy

U.S. Championship
    Chris Benoit vs. Finlay or Benoit v William Regal

ECW Heavyweight Title
    Bobby Lashley vs. Bob Holly

Other Matches
    Hulk Hogan vs. Big Show

Kane v Booker T

TLC Match
    Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy v MNM V London & Kendrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

World Heavyweight Title
    Batista vs. Undertaker

WWE Title
    Cena vs. HBK vs. Orton vs. Edge

Intercontinental Title
    Jeff Hardy vs Khali

United States Title
    Benoit vs. Kennedy

Money in the Bank
    I'm gussing they'll have two from each show.
    RAW: Carlito & Kenny
    Smackdown!: Helms & Matt Hardy
    ECW: Test & Sabu

Other rivalries are too difficult to predict at the mo, but I'd be surprised if RVD, Kane & Umaga weren't involved, and I'm expecting at least one Tag Team Title match.

EDIT: Kane vs. Booker T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WWE Title - John Cena vs Undertaker

World Heavyweight Title - Batista vs

Edge vs Orton

HBK vs King Booker

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - CM Punk vs Mr Kennedy vs Chavo vs Carlito vs Johnny Nitro vs RVD

IC Title - There hasn't been an IC title match at WM in 5 years, but I'll say Jeff Hardy vs Chris Masters. It's WWE, no way will they give us what we want to see in every match!

US Title - Chris Benoit vs Finlay

CW Title - Helms vs Jimmy Wang Yang, they'll probably have Helms finally lose the belt at WM

ECW Title - Lashley vs Hardcore Holly

Haas and Benjamin vs Cade and Murdoch. I really want to see this match, if they were given time I guarantee they'd have a great match

Hogan vs Khali too I suppose

I'm sure most of that will be wrong. Mysterio won't be back til May by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Raw threw up a little curveball with Michaels winning the triple threat. I think Michaels vs Cena will be a better match than the triple threat I predicted but where does this leave Edge and Orton? I assume they willl fight one on one at WM. They could turn one of them face, but thats not gonna work as neither make particularly good faces(remember Edge's good guy run, horrible!). I think the next 8 weeks are very important for both guys, depending on what creative have in store for them.
    I think this years WM could be as good as WM X7, Im getting excited for it now!
    Oh, apparently on this weeks SD
    It says Mysterio will return in two weeks

My card looks very wrong already, haha. Thinking about it now, there's no way Edge and Orton should fight at WM. They should be kept together until HHH makes it back, it's an obvious feud. I'd suggest they have matches against two SD wrestlers, or possibly a tag match. With all the faces in the main events, it sort of leaves the top heels lost

• Advertisement

They could end up in the Money in the Bank match, or in a tag match against King Booker and Kennedy. I havent seen much of Smackdown recently, is there anything in the storylines about them two teaming together?

The Money in the Bank match has been announced on wwe.com. Raw tonight will have the first qualifying match between Edge and RVD. Brand Spilt, what Brand Split!

Two former winners head to head. Id say RVD will win thanks to Orton, setting up Orton and Edge at WM.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Double C wrote:
    Two former winners head to head. Id say RVD will win thanks to Orton, setting up Orton and Edge at WM.
    I'd say it will be by accident kind of thing. den next week Randy will probably have a qualifing match and edge will try and help but cost him the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

if orton and edge go head to head at mania it could steal the show,if anyone interested im gonna do a blog about seeing mania live (not bragging just might be an interesting project) will be posting pics and maybe videos if i can get decent ones (takers entrance being a must)

I'd say RVD will win, simply because I don't see there being more than one ECW match at WM. Lashley will be in that match, and RVD should be on the card

Like I said above, Edge vs Orton is not something that should happen now. They should be kept together in some capacity until HHH comes back, as there is easy money in that feud for Summerslam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't see RVD winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I think its gonna be Umaga vs Khali in that hair match between MacMahon and Trump. And can anyone else see Orton and Edge both being in the money in the Bank match? It would be a way to keep their best tag team on Raw together while leaving options open for a fued post WrestleMania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Give Kane's history with Umaga, and the fact he's not really doing anything at the moment on smackdown, I wouldn't be surprisd to see him take Trump's place at mania.

Although ... Mark Henry is due back from injury soon ...

WWE Championship
    Cena vs. Michaels , HBK wins

World Heavyweight Title
    Batista vs. Undertaker Taker wins

U.S. Championship
    Chris Benoit vs. Marquis Cor Von ??

ECW Heavyweight Title
    I dont care (will cook a pizza)

Trump Mcmahon Match
    Kennedy V Lashley

Kane v Booker T

Chavo vs. Helms

TLC Match
    Hardys Vs Hooigans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't have a clue how they'll go with Wrestlemania but in the Trump/McMahon match I'd like to see:
    Umaga vs Rob Van Dam

It would tie in to the whole Vince vs the ECW originals storyline and would give RVD a big role on the PPV. Don't see it happening though.

Also watching Raw last night and hearing what Edge told Orton do you think there's a possibility that...
    Edge wins MITB, Taker beats Batista - then Edge comes down and beats Undertaker becoming the World Champion?

Or is that a bit too crazy?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Also watching Raw last night and hearing what Edge told Orton do you think there's a possibility that...
    Edge wins MITB, Taker beats Batista - then Edge comes down and beats Undertaker becoming the World Champion?

Or is that a bit too crazy?!

Nice idea, but I really dont see it happening as
    If Edge pinned Taker, it would still see him losing his streak. My personal choice for the MITB is Punk, thats if he is out of the doghouse.

Minto wrote:
    Nice idea, but I really dont see it happening as
    If Edge pinned Taker, it would still see him losing his streak. My personal choice for the MITB is Punk, thats if he is out of the doghouse.

But that's my point because:
    Edge is also undefeated at Mania. The Taker/Batista match is being billed as streak vs title but imagine if Taker won the title but then in a twist ended up losing his streak and the title? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

MONEY IN BANK LADDER MATCH
    Carlitto (mania)

WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP
    Mickie james (mania)

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Duce & Domino

TRUMP V VINCE
    Trump / Khaili (spelling) (mania)

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP
    Burke

US CHAMPIONSHIP
    Mr Kennedy (mania)

DIVA PILLOW FIGHT
    Kristal (mania)

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPS
    Cade & Murdoch

WWE CHANMP.
    Cena (mania)

WORLD CHAMP.
    Taker (mania)

INTERCONTINENTAL
    Umaga

C W CHAMP.
    Rey (mania)

well thats what i reckon will happen over the next few weeks. (mania) means i reckon that match will be at mania23

Rey's still out til May, as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Just read on Rajah that Lashley will be Trumps representative. what a stinker of a match, Lashley v Umaga. Does this mean that Lashley will drop the belt before Mania? If he did, I would love to see RVD (highly unlikely I know) pick up the belt and have a match with Benoit or Kennedy. I actually think I would prefer Kennedy (no disrespect to Benoit as he is the better wrestler imho) as I think these two could cut some really good promo's on each other and have a really good buildup.

• Advertisement

There's no need for Lashley to drop the title before this match, neither title will be on the line, and Lashley's gonna win too.
    CM Punk beat Nitro to advance into the MitB match, and from what I heard Booker T beats Kane on Smackdown to advance too, so Punk, Booker and Edge so far, its looking pretty good!
    Oh, I think an ECW Originals vs New Breed match has been signed for WrestleMaina too so its RVD, Sandman, Sabu and Dreamer against Cor Von, Stryker, Thorne and Burke. They are gonna push the new guys so this could well be the end for the ECW Originals, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Sabu and Sandman getting fired soon, and RVD seems intent to leave.

There were reports back around Christmas saying that they'd hang onto Sabu to let him induct his uncle The Sheik into the Hall of Fame in his home town, then he'd be on his way. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I hope Dreamer isn't out of a job after all this, he quit his trainer job in OVW so that he could help ECW

Footage of Punk on ECW. This will appeal to about 3 of you but I went mental when I saw it, Go To Sleep!! KENTA would be proud! *spoiler included*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_GZwylMcs

Double C wrote:
    Footage of Punk on ECW. This will appeal to about 3 of you but I went mental when I saw it, Go To Sleep!! KENTA would be proud! *spoiler included*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_GZwylMcs

That move is awesome. never seen it before, but its great! As for 'Mania, I hope Punk wins the MITB match, but I doubt he will.

I watched the 3 or 4 minutes of the match that they have up on WWE.com yesterday morning, I thought it was deadly! Decent short promo by Punk up on the site too, saying how this WM is his biggest moment in life. Step up for him from last year's Mania anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

What sort of venue in Detroit is WM being held in. I heard the attendance will be abound 90,000 fans. Is this correct? Is it open air? Is it a football stadium?
    The Undertaker's entrance would not be the same outdoors in the daylight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

SPOLIER LOOK AWAY DONT KNOW HOW 2 TO SPOLER COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vince (umaga) VS Trump(Lashley)

Sorry If anyone got spoiled by accident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well the ECW new and old boys is pretty much a set match too id say. 4 man tag match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

So what is it looking like now?

- Cena vs Michaels for WWE title
    - Batista vs Undertaker for WCW title
    - Bobby whathisface? (with Donald Trump) vs Umaga (with Vinne Mac) in hair vs hair match
    - Money in the Bank Ladder Match with Edge, Booker, Punk and some other people who I can't remember

Possibilities?

- Kane vs Khali......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    - Benoit vs someone for US title????

anyone any other ideas?

• Advertisement

I want to see WM23 open with Benoit vs Finlay for the US title. Just give them 25 mins or thereabouts and let them beat the sh*t out of each other.

It would probably steal the show.

I want to see WM23 open with Benoit vs Finlay for the US title. Just give them 25 mins or thereabouts and let them beat the sh*t out of each other.

It would probably steal the show.

It would be great, but I don't think it will happen. Also,
    isn't Finlay in the MITB match, can't remember the SmackDown! spoilers

Finlay is in the ladder match. I'd love to see Benoit vs Regal, they've stolen the show every time they've wrestled, but unfortunately Regal hasn't been on tv in 6 weeks or so, real shame if he misses out on WM. Both Hardy's in the ladder match too I think, and Kennedy

Melina vs Ashley looks like another match I think, not that they deserve it though

Fozzy wrote:

Melina vs Ashley looks like another match I think, not that they deserve it though

I think Melina does. Not that it matters. No ones buying 'Mania for anything other than the top 4 matches.

Melina has a case to be argued for, but it should really be Mickie James and Victoria fighting for the title. They worked the hardest in the last year and they should be rewarded with a place on the WM card

I wouldn't really agree. Melina when she gets in the ring works as hard as those 2. If you look at her last few matches, they definitely haven't been classics. But theres been an energy and intensity about them that made the crowd get into them.

Plus she's the best heel woman in WWE right now. The crowd hate her and she's good on the mic.

• Advertisement

What happened to Victoria? Is she injured? She did brilliantly with that storyline they gave her taking out all the divas yet after her match with Mickie she seemed to disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I feel sorry for Nitro if he dosnt get a match at Mania I dont really like him but credit where credits due and he worked his ass of this year especially against Jeff Hardy.

What happened to Victoria? Is she injured?

Nope, after doing well in that angle WWE just took her off tv

Nitro's had a great year, topped a lot of people's most improved lists. It would make little sense if he wasn't on the card, as he has been in top feuds all year really. Maybe an MNM vs Flair and Carlito match?

Fozzy wrote:
    Nope, after doing well in that angle WWE just took her off tv

Nitro's had a great year, topped a lot of people's most improved lists. It would make little sense if he wasn't on the card, as he has been in top feuds all year really. Maybe an MNM vs Flair and Carlito match?

Maybe MNM and London and Kendrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

I'd say Benoit will defend his title against MVP at WM23, it just seems as if its going that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Id say Benoit will be opening the show no matter who he is facing

According to a wrestling news site they were going to have Undertaker lose his winning streak. Now it appears they have changed their minds. :D

According to a wrestling news site they were going to have Undertaker lose his winning streak. Now it appears they have changed their minds. :D

Well last year Vince changed his mind on several of the matches on the day of the show so I wouldn't take anything for granted. I think it makes things more exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Do you seriously think taker will give up that streak?
    Vince is just trying to keep people guessing and to generate more buys,its good business. ill be getting the PPV to see taker take the title while at the same time watching incase he might loose.

I really cant see them screwing taker over,your next heavyweight champ is THE UNDERTAKER

Yes, you are both right; storylines change all the time to keep people engaged.

However, have a look at this:
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/175045666.shtml

If this is true he'll likely be the biggest heel on Smackdown should he win;)

However, have a look at this:
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/175045666.shtml

If this is true he'll likely be the biggest heel on Smackdown should he win;)

The fact that Batista isn't popular in the locker room does not matter a great deal I think. Vince will make the decision based on whether he things its a good business move or not. If anything, the past has proven that Vince enjoys a little bit of backstage tension.

In saying that I can't see Batista winning. It would be a waste of 'Takers streak due to Batista's age, in ring ability and his proneness to injury.

If Batista wins... WE RIOT!!!

Come on, someone had to do it :)

Double C wrote:
    If Batista wins... WE RIOT!!!

Come on, someone had to do it :)

Seriously, if he does I hereby swear never to watch SmackDown! or any of its single brand PPV or their matches on the main PPVs!!!!

Ok, that may be a bit much but if Batista wins I will riot. Who is with me?

P.S. Someone going to WrestleMania, should have that on a poster!

You've been called out Krudler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maryjane1

argh how do i unblock the spoilers??????????

• Advertisement
Advertisement