Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Release date for book 7 revealed!

Options
  • 01-02-2007 4:56pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The final instalment of the Harry Potter books will be released on the 21st of July, 2007! Yay!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

July is going to be Harry Potter month:

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/617

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I might reserve my copy at the book shop in the Swan Centre in Rathmines. I remember the queue wasn't too long for the midnight sale and they had a magician going around doing card tricks. It was great craic overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Excellent, I'm really looking forward to this but I imagine that I am going to be both disappointed at the ending and then again by the realisation that this is the last book!

I hope I'm wrong on both counts :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'll be in California at the time, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to pick up a copy there!

/edit: r3nu4l: It's the last book. That you can be sure of.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Oops, looks like you just beat me to the punch Faith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Faith wrote:
    /edit: r3nu4l: It's the last book. That you can be sure of.

It's just that I heard an interview with her some time ago where she said that she might re-visit Harry in a few years time and write something about Harry as an adult...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Damn, I'll be working that night I guess. I'll manage something to get it immediately. Spend all the next day reading it then. Am looking forward to it. Might even hang on and go to the cinema before hitting the bookshop early morning queues for it. It better be worth the wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

the fifth movie and the 7th book within a week of each other, did we do something right. happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

the fifth movie and the 7th book within a week of each other, did we do something right. happy days

Dont know about others, but not wanting to sound boastful either, but I could see it coming a mile off. The 7th book will be HUGE, and to have the film out just before it...clever business move. Same vice versa, although the film may not be as big as the book, but it will still have knock-on effects on sales. Its all a big business really. Anyway, im not gonna complain that they come out that close either

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Will be in nerdcamp, the bookshop in Santry Omniplex will make a fortune with a big flock of n0rds fighting over copies of the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 daveo55

ya cant wait for the new book.:D she supposed to kill off some main characters:eek: its a shame its da last 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 *lil fairy*

i cnt believe its d last book! il b sobbin! i love it! its such a klass concept! end of a chapter in my life when i finish this book! :rolleyes: i advise you's to read hogswatch! its a klass book! im halfway thru atm nd lovin it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

#Elites wrote:
    ahh 7th book..hopefully it wont get ruined for me like the last book was:(
    Unfortunately it probably will be, unless you hide in your house without human contact and without watching TV/reading papers or magazines/going online/listening to the radio until you've finished reading it. It's going to be ridiculously hyped up, even more than last time! I am going to be in Honduras when the book comes out, won't be back in Ireland until the beginning of September so hopefully I'll either be able to get a copy out there or else I will have to avoid anything Harry Potter related until then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

i cnt believe its d last book! il b sobbin! i love it! its such a klass concept! end of a chapter in my life when i finish this book! :rolleyes: i advise you's to read hogswatch! its a klass book! im halfway thru atm nd lovin it!

Make sure you don't stop there. Terry Pratchett's Discworld series is miles better than Harry Potter (HP still has the <3 though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

r3nu4l wrote:
    It's just that I heard an interview with her some time ago where she said that she might re-visit Harry in a few years time and write something about Harry as an adult...

I reckon she'd do well to do a tolkien on it; she claims to have loads and loads of background stuff done about the world in which Harry lives and something *along* the lines of yer 'history of the magic world' which would incorporate bits of HP with stuff prior to that might be an enjoyable read.

I dunno if any of you picked up those comic relief mini-books that JKR did about 'quidditch thru the ages' and 'magical creatures' which as companion pieces to the HP books were enjoyable, if a little throw-away.

Obv any 'reference' book isn't going to be half as entertaining a read as a 'novel' with a beginning middle and end, but it would allow us to get our fix of potter later on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Sadly I'll be on deployment in the gulf so I'll miss both the movie and the book. : ( Sometimes life just sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can't wait for the 7th book. It's gonna be the end of an era. It's hard to believe that I was about 11 or 12 when the first book came out and now I'm still dying to read it at the age of 20.

Advertisement