Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recovering Meteor number?

• 01-02-2007 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭

I have a Meteor mobile that I haven't topped up in nearly 2 years now and as you can imagine it's gone dead. I phoned up Meteor and asked them if there is any point in putting in credit into the phone and they said no the number is now being recycled or at least will be in one or two years. I just wanted to check with people who have a better clue then me about these things as to my chances of getting my number back after so long - is it 0, no hope? If everyone agrees that I have no hope then I was thinking of getting a cheap Samsung (C130) from Meteor as my new phone as from what I can gather it has a better screen then the equally priced Nokia 2310; does that sound good am I right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

not really any chance. you've lost all claim on the number and its probably been given to someone else. best just get a new phone. the c130's not great to be honest. if you were you i'd splash out and get at least one of the €99 models. avoid the moto l6 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Have you considered going with O2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Have you considered going with O2?
    Why o2? I just want a pay as you go cheap as chips phone I was under the impression meteor was the best PAYG operator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Why would you want a 2 year old number back anyway? If it's not been used in 2 years, surely no one has it, and it's no great loss losing it?

Anyhow ... sometimes if the number is still available they can recover it for you. I'd ring care again and ask a different agent. If they say no aswell then just grab a new SIM.

It's cheaper to get a number working again and trowing €20 into it then getting a new phone I don't need a new phone just need something that texts and takes phones calls - which is why I'm going for the cheapest meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's cheaper to get a number working again and trowing €20 into it then getting a new phone I don't need a new phone just need something that texts and takes phones calls - which is why I'm going for the cheapest meteor.
    A Meteor SIM with a new number is free, you just need to buy 10 euro credit.

You can use your old Meteor phone with this new SIM.

ciaranfo wrote:
    A Meteor SIM with a new number is free, you just need to buy 10 euro credit.

You can use your old Meteor phone with this new SIM.
    Tbh as I was going to get a new number I was going to go the full hog and also get a new phone as the phone I have is ancient and really quite crap - also you do get a nice bit of free credit with a new phone which I am not sure you get with a SIM purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Tbh as I was going to get a new number I was going to go the full hog and also get a new phone as the phone I have is ancient and really quite crap - also you do get a nice bit of free credit with a new phone which I am not sure you get with a SIM purchase.
    i think you get 20 or something but you do get more with a phone

Advertisement