Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom outlook express settings

Options
  • 01-02-2007 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

I'm getting really frustrated with this.

I've set up email accounts plenty of times.
    I am now TRYING to set up my father in laws laptop. He has an eircom account. I have double and treble checked the settings, even deleted the mail account and set it up again.

I keep getting a log in error, password rejected.
    I'm using eircom and broadband1 as the username and password. :mad:

I'm probably missing something really silly! Internet is fine.

What's wrong??

Have attached the server settings. I'm using the laptop to post this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The account name is the first part of the email address, e.g. whatever is the account name for whatever@eircom.net. The password is the password he set when he registered the account.
    eircom/broadband1 is just for the actual internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

The account name is the first part of the email address, e.g. whatever is the account name for whatever@eircom.net. The password is the password he set when he registered the account.
    eircom/broadband1 is just for the actual internet connection.

Thanks. Have just remembered that myself. Now I have just got to get then to remember what the password is! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kleefarr wrote:
    Thanks. Have just remembered that myself. Now I have just got to get then to remember what the password is! :rolleyes:

Hmm the father in law will be wondering just what sort of ***** his beloved daughter married:)

If you ring Eircom with proof of ownership etc etc and ask nicely they will tell you what the password is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

dub45 wrote:
    Hmm the father in law will be wondering just what sort of ***** his beloved daughter married:)

If you ring Eircom with proof of ownership etc etc and ask nicely they will tell you what the password is.

lol.

Luckily after trying a few attempts, they remembered the password! :D

(Note to self: Don't mess with computers while drinking!:rolleyes:)

Note for dub45: Father-in-law loves me! lol :D

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

also, for future reference, if the password is entered wrong 3 times the email account will be disabled till you call them and get the password reset.

• Advertisement
Advertisement