Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

broadband laptop woes

• 01-02-2007 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

hello all. little problem i have with my wireless broadband when i turn on laptop theres no connection. so i have to go into the start menu and go to runt then have to look up services and turn on my wireless conector thingy and also have to activate this dchp i think its called. was onto the lads at eircom today and they said that it might be my firewall blocking the signal.it only happened today and yesterday and i haven done anything to the computer since i got broadband nearly two weeks ago. can anyone help? please if you do reply lamans terms people im one of these people who so much as turns on a computer and it explodes. thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

go to settings,control panel,network connections,click wireless connection, click CONNECT.if box,comes up, asks for broadband, user name password, type it in. if wep security is enabled,on modem, you way need to type in wep no,and bsid no. read the cdrom, manual, slowly in regard to wireless broadband enabled. see if knocking off your firewall makes any difference.plug pc into router with an ethernet cable to acess the net, google eircom.net wireless broadband support. you need dhcp turned on,windows wiresless configuration service turned on.ring eircom broadband helpline, ask em to go thru the settings to turn on wireless on your laptop,turn off the firewall be4 you ring em.takes maybe 5mins to check,dhcp, wireless settings, that is thier job.look at my network places, click on the right ,set up home wireless network, you may need to know,the wep of your router,an bsid.its not easy to do all this if you are a novice/casual user.maybe you know,techie, friend that could help you.WHAT model router have you,goteg netopia 5400.Post model no here. RIGHT click the laptop,network wireless adaptor in control panel.click,tcip/propertys,clik,obtain ip adress automatically.click ok twice.click enable dhcp ,if you can find it. go to start menu.restart the laptop.

Advertisement