Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 network dead???

• 01-02-2007 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Just picked up my phone to make a call and can't, nor can I send a txt ro check my credit. Tried ringing 3 from both my phone and from a home phone and cannot get through to any of their numbers!

WHAT'S UP?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

yep having the same problem myself, can't even text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

me too, can receive txts and calls, but can't get anything outgoing to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Same here, and my girlfriends phone too,

What an absolute joke,

3G coverage never works anyway and now this crap,

Terrible service tbh

well, three corporate support (why i got passed to corporate, i have no idea) advise that there is an outage in ireland, and will be resolved 'in the next few hours'.

so that's alright then, i suppose.

the guy couldn't tell me what the problem was, or an exact timeframe as he didn't know.

i'm going back to o2 first chance i get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Same issue here although I've never had an issue with them before ..
    can't get through to Customer Service either :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

3 network goes down. All of their 10 customers affected. News at 11. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Fanboy

I'm getting myself off these cowboys too. To have an outage, even for a 'few hours' is not acceptable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

3 network goes down. All of their 10 customers affected. News at 11. :D

ooohoohooo I laughed and coffee came out my nose.

Yeah, I was trying to call my bf and I was getting pretty annoyed, I can tell you, and then I came here and saw this and now I feel bad for killing his dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BN123

Its working fine now

BN123 wrote:
    Its working fine now

No it's not,

It hasnt been fixed at all, cant text or call still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Not for me D4/Ringsend

While we are discussing this disgraceful network,

What are my chances of getting out of the contract as they seem to be unable to provide any kind of service to me....

My phone is constantly stuck in the void between perfect 2.5G coverage and 0 3G coverage therefore making it completely useless 99% of the time.

There was an app for the 6680 that blocked it from using 3G and stuck to GSM and it was a god send, I cant find a similar app for my N80 so it's useless at the moment.

Surely they are already breaking the contract by not being able to provide me with coverage?

Still gone here in Galway too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

BN123 wrote:
    Its working fine now
    Not for me.

It's like being at a festival. Only not fun and I'm perfectly sober.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

D14 not working here at all. Cant even get through to three. Definitely changing networks as soon as i can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Not working in Cork. I'm getting my w850i unlocked very soon and changing back i'd say. I shouted at them so much the last they that they agreed to only charge me 27 thank god.

Does anyone have a way of contacting them now ?
    None of their CC numbers are working ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I can only make calls to landlines, working to 021 and 01 numbers.

Can't call any mobile numbers, or 333, or 083 333 3333 or even 171 voicemail.

Also, can't call 083 333 3333 (their helpdesk) from a landline. It's returning "This is a recorded message from eircom, we're sorry but we cannot connect your call, becaue the number you have dialled, is not in service. Please check the number, or call or directory enquiry service .."

Seems their entire network's crashed.

I think I'll be moving to Meteor pre-pay. Did a calculation on callcost.ie and the Talk/Text contract package I'm on is only saving me about 9 quid over Meteor Prepay Anytime.

I've found 3s customer service nasty and they've a rule for everything e.g. you can't downgrade a priceplan for several months after you've upgraded it if it doesn't suit. They lock you in and screw you.

There seems to be no way of exiting their contract, other than paying the full whack line rental + mins for the 12 months etc.

My Sony-Ericsson handset's battery life on 3G is shocking too. About 2 calls will kill it. Compared to equivilant handsets on normal GSM service, it's shockingly poor.

Once my 12 month contract's up, I'm dumping them. Nothing but trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

down here too in d sticks of kerry! jezuz i just got a v3xx of em, waitin for a data card.....

christ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

As far as I'm concerned, that's it for me with them. I tried to move my tariff down last month and I was told I couldn't despite being told I could when I signed up. Coverage is pretty iffy where I am since I moved and now when I needed the phone today out of work, I couldn't call. Direct debit has been cancelled and I'm all paid up so I don't owe them anything. I'm just done.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have a way of contacting them now ?
    None of their CC numbers are working ?

i called the carphone warehouse on grafton st. and they put me through to three corporate, if that's any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

My 12 month contract's up in April. I rang them and they told me that I had to give them 30 days notice to cancel. So, I'll be ringing in early march to wind it up.

I'm really sick of them.

Some nice handsets, well subsidised on Meteor too.

Here's their number 1800944030 i'm on the phone them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Here's their number 1800944030 i'm on the phone them now.

Not working either ... This is unbelievable - no service for the past 4 hours,,, oh I see RED - Vodafone RED !!!!

Now to be honest the service has been faultless for this month that I've been with them so I'm willing to ride this one out. I really feel for those who have only 3 mobile and unable to make important call - I wouldn't like to be working in thier CC centre ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

I do love network outages:D I'm having the same problem and can't use Vodafone's coverage (never have been able to when in Dublin). But let's not forget that every network has it's problems. A few years ago Digifone had it's famous "Network, Not Work" ads targeted at Eircell (i made fun of my friends on Eircell who were having problems). Over the years I had numerous issues with Meteor. Funnily enough, I've always been lucky with O2. But I'm happy so far with my service with 3 (if they added roaming to Japan and Canada I would be alot happier). Hopefully they will resolve this soon though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cruzzo

Slightly off topic, but they have been ringing me every evening of late to offer me a handset upgrade. Dont think i will be getting a call tonight. Does anyone know if they are doing any good deals on upgrades? My contract is up so I may switch anyway also will complain about this outage when they call again from their Bangalore call centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

They should put something up on their website.... uncertainty just pisses people off. Customers need reassurance and it looks like the site is the only avenue of communication at the moment..

I hope this is because they are upgrading something in advance of x-series? (Optimistic notion I know).
    Strange though that all forms of communication seem to be down, even their landline based customer support..
    What type of backup systems are in place for cells going down does anyone know.. or indeed how can a whole country go down? It seems odd how that can happen with all the repeaters, cells etc etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well this is annoying
    and on my birthday... people wondering why im not txting back, must think im ungrateful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I remember o2 having a network outage of a couple of days, particularly with text messages, in around 2000/2001. Its not all doom and gloom, **** happens!

My 6680 is making a nice paper weight right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

1huge1 wrote:
    well this is annoying
    and on my birthday... people wondering why im not txting back, must think im ungrateful

more25.JPG

Advertisement