Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 network dead???

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It happens all the networks - it's how they deal with it and if it happens a second time that matters imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Fanboy wrote:
    I'm getting myself off these cowboys too. To have an outage, even for a 'few hours' is not acceptable.
    jesus... eh guys calm down.. every network goes down... lets see you manage a service as big as an irish mobile phone operator flawlessly holy crapola like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

Still out here [wicklow]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well mine still down too and I'm in dublin if it helps. pain in the arse cause i got a text from a mate in regards to a session that i thought was called off at 5:30 and i haven't been able to respond to him yet. (yup , im mobile only so cant get in contact) he probably thinks I'm not coming

it is annoying but in fairness the same thing happened to me with vodafone before i switched so if its up by tomorrow they wont be any worse than them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I can make outgoing calls to landlines, but can't receive calls, or make calls to mobiles or voicemail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Rang there head office, apperently one of their suppliers, NTL had a cable cut and this is the reason for the outage. The guy i was talking to said it should be up in a couple of hours.....

He stressed that this was the first time it happened and that they were atking this very seriously which is fair enough i suppose. still no phone though

the number is 01 5426300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Still down in D18 :rolleyes: I think its time to switch to Vodafone.
    I think its most reliable network...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I just spoke to three and service has been restored. Problems like this will happen from time to time. They shouldn't, but when someone cuts a cable or does something stupid, unfortunately these things will happen.

The bit that annoys me is the lack of communication from three on the matter. From what I could see there was no update on the three.ie website. A pretty poor effort, but hopefully they will learn from this, and also give us three customers something free!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

up now (in Dub anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

back for me.
    Worked after i restarted the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

hosi wrote:
    Still down in D18 :rolleyes: I think its time to switch to Vodafone.
    I think its most reliable network...
    don't go to vodafone. they're a rip off. at least give the other two a shot before you cut a hole in your pocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Zipperhead

WellyJ wrote:
    While we are discussing this disgraceful network,

What are my chances of getting out of the contract as they seem to be unable to provide any kind of service to me....

My phone is constantly stuck in the void between perfect 2.5G coverage and 0 3G coverage therefore making it completely useless 99% of the time.

There was an app for the 6680 that blocked it from using 3G and stuck to GSM and it was a god send, I cant find a similar app for my N80 so it's useless at the moment.

Surely they are already breaking the contract by not being able to provide me with coverage?

From 3 website:

5.8 We will always try to make 3Services available to you. However, 3Services are only available within 3's coverage area (which comprises a video service area and a voice & picture area within the Ireland). Within this, there may be areas where you do not have access to all 3Services or where coverage is otherwise limited or unavailable. For more information about coverage, visit our website

I'm not sure but I know of another operator who lets you out of contract if you are in an area of variable / poor coverage. It may be worth a try! You could also pop onto comreg website the have an "ask comreg" option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

don't go to vodafone. they're a rip off. at least give the other two a shot before you cut a hole in your pocket
    I'll give "3" a second chance... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

hosi wrote:
    I'll give "3" a second chance... :)

Vodafone = No Chance

O2 = 2 chances

and 3 = 3 Chances :eek:

so they have one more chance :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

WellyJ wrote:
    What are my chances of getting out of the contract as they seem to be unable to provide any kind of service to me....

If you can do it, you're a better man than I...
    I spent two days arguing with them over loss of service, unable to provide me with the service I'd agreed to, yada yada. There was no way in hell they were letting me out of the contract without paying a year up front etc.
    I kept saying no, they kept saying no. I got nowhere in the end and they just wore me down.
    So many things bug me about 3 - not being able to pay my bill online, paying five quid extra a month for not having a d/d, not being able to understand a word anyone in the customer service dept. says (thanks to their impenetrable scottish brogue)...
    But that contract is like a steel chastity belt.

Ryaller wrote:
    not being able to understand a word anyone in the customer service dept. says (thanks to their impenetrable scottish brogue)
    just wait til you have to speak to someone whose native language is a colloquial form of Hindi, known as Bambaiya/Mumbaiya (17th april)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Anyone ever find out what exactly the problem was last night?

Pikasso wrote:
    Anyone ever find out what exactly the problem was last night?
    something about a main line being cut. apparently it affected NTL too or something to that affect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Yay!!! Dead Again! Go Three :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It's fine in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

DJ Hafez wrote:
    Yay!!! Dead Again! Go Three :(

No problem in Limerick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Arghhhh, Why is it gone for me so :( Will have to ring Customer Care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

fine in limerick, customer care will just tell you to turn off your phone take out your battery and wait a few minutes

Advertisement