Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another "Guys with long hair" thread

• 01-02-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

So I've got longer than normal hair and I'm looking for styling tips.
    At the moment, it gets pretty dry, and fuzzy and doesn't tend to just hang
    down (which is what I want). Any recommendations on shampoo/conditioner/
    gel I could use? (Its about the same length that Dave Grohl keeps his at.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

you could use use sleek and shiney range from panten work wonders for frizzy hair try combing and brushing also.not sure if you do never said.i had to get my boyfriend to comb his after much nagging now is a full thick mane:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wear a hat :)

Pantene pro-v is very good for taming frizz and softening hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Cool, I'll give pantene a shot! I don't actually comb it at all, I didn't realise that would help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Local satelite guy here has long, dark hair just in a simple pony tail.... And WOW... He looks good! It looks like it's in V good condition, I'd say he just has good hair !
    I know what you're gonna say... But, would you not try a Hair Straightener, at least every now and then... ?!!
    Nothing HOT about tangled, matted, broken-ended hair :)

Also, try "Straight Hair Days" Frizz control smoothing balm, and also their Defrizz wax, it's by Revlon. Get mine from a hairdresser friend, who gets it from the Salon Supplies place... !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

If it's prone to fuzz, like mine can be, it can be a bit of a pain to manage. Here's what I do:

Day 1: wash hair/condition with good dry/damaged/inyensive conditioner, comb hair gently with fingers only while your hair is slathered in conditioner. Rinse, towel dry, then use cold-ish setting on hairdryer with a diffuser. While damp, a little bit of a strong gel on the top of the head before drying.

Day 2: wet hair, use conditioner again without washing hair. Same drying/gel process as before.

Day 3: just wet hair and dry as before.

Day 4: same as Day 1, and the process starts again.

• Advertisement

If it's prone to fuzz, like mine can be, it can be a bit of a pain to manage. Here's what I do:

Day 1: wash hair/condition with good dry/damaged/inyensive conditioner, comb hair gently with fingers only while your hair is slathered in conditioner. Rinse, towel dry, then use cold-ish setting on hairdryer with a diffuser. While damp, a little bit of a strong gel on the top of the head before drying.

Day 2: wet hair, use conditioner again without washing hair. Same drying/gel process as before.

Day 3: just wet hair and dry as before.

Day 4: same as Day 1, and the process starts again.

Does this work well for you? I'll definately give that a shot alright. Can you give me the name of the conditioner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭funky_buddah

You say "longer than average". sounds like your hair isnt all that long mate. Grow it longer and it should begin to hang down with weight.

You say "longer than average". sounds like your hair isnt all that long mate. Grow it longer and it should begin to hang down with weight.

It covers my eyes at the front and is about a half inch from my shoulders at the back. Maybe "longer than average" was an understatement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Zapho wrote:
    Does this work well for you? I'll definately give that a shot alright. Can you give me the name of the conditioner?

I use pretty much anything that has "dry/damaged" on the label. Currently using L'Oreal Elvive (in the pale orange bottle). Pantene's perfect curls range is good too.

It works for me, but may not suit if you've got an oily scalp or are prone to greasy hair.

Advertisement