Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor

• 01-02-2007 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Jesus Christ they reall take the biscuit!
    Following MANY MANY problems I thought I had everything sorted with them.
    I got my bill recently and found that I was being charged for texts to my girlfriend, depiste the fact she is also on the same package as me.

She however doesn't get charged for texts to me.

I went through my bill and went into the Meteor store, the manager rang "head office" or where ever and they tried to tell me that there was no free texts offered on the Talk 400 package that I have. Despite the fact I was told that there was, even tho it was only to other Meteor users on Talk 400 or higher.

Is any one on that tarriff or run into similar sh"te?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Ay Cee wrote:
    Jesus Christ they reall take the biscuit!
    Following MANY MANY problems I thought I had everything sorted with them.
    I got my bill recently and found that I was being charged for texts to my girlfriend, depiste the fact she is also on the same package as me.

She however doesn't get charged for texts to me.

I went through my bill and went into the Meteor store, the manager rang "head office" or where ever and they tried to tell me that there was no free texts offered on the Talk 400 package that I have.
    there are. meteor-meteor texts are free on all tariffs. get onto them and ask for a refund of some free bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

It's doing my head in at this stage. 8 MONTHS I was trying to cancel a phone with them 8 MONTHS!!!

Unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There are two types of Talk 400. There's Talk 400 (06) and Talk 400 (04). (06) consists of 400 minutes and I think 90 texts. There are NO free calls or texts outside of this. The (04) plan consists, again, of 400 minutes. There are no set number of free texts. Instead, you have free Meteor to Meteor texts and calls.

I would be extremely surprised if you were on the Talk 400 (04) plan given your desciption of your problem. Check at the top of your bill, and send a PM if you're unsure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ay Cee wrote:
    It's doing my head in at this stage. 8 MONTHS I was trying to cancel a phone with them 8 MONTHS!!!

Unbelievable!

I really don't see how anything could take 8 months. This is only down to you not being affirmative enough, or you being in the wrong - either way it's not completely their fault.

ciaranfo wrote:
    I really don't see how anything could take 8 months. This is only down to you not being affirmative enough, or you being in the wrong - either way it's not completely their fault.
    i can see the point here. if it had been me waiting 8 months i'd be standing outside the CEO's house throwing stuff by now

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:

Well if you call 4 trips to a Meteor store, 2 seperate faxes, dozens of emails & phone calls not affirmitive then yes, it was my fault :rolleyes:

I said it took 8 months - it took 8 MONTHS!

Yes it was completely their fault! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah that's excluding the letter mailed into head office, handed into the Meteor store and faxed in!

Did you get the current issue sorted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Ay Cee wrote:
    Well if you call 4 trips to a Meteor store, 2 seperate faxes, dozens of emails & phone calls not affirmitive then yes, it was my fault :rolleyes:

I said it took 8 months - it took 8 MONTHS!

Yes it was completely their fault! :rolleyes:

As soon as the letter of cancellation is received it is passed onto the cancellation department and the cancellation process gets under way. This will take a maximum of 30 days to complete.

The problem in this instance must be that your fax never reached the appropriate department. The company cant cancel your contract by law until written permission is received. It is the customers responsibility to make sure that the company has received their letter of cancellation and if theirs any doubt about this they should call Customer Care to make sure that the letter has been received and that the cancellation process has begun.

If the letter was received and it was mislaid by the company then their would be a note on your account when the letter was received, your cancellation would have been backdated and im sure you would have received some sort of a goodwill gesture.

I'm not getting into this again. It caused me enough frustration at the time.
    Any hoo, I got the other thing sort of resolved Chris yeah- nice one.

• Advertisement

While ye Meteor boyiz are around here, perhaps ye could offer some help.

I got the 6233 but when I go into the email application and try to check for new emails it says "Cannot connect to network. Check connection settings"

Is there any settings I can check?

Cheers.

Meteor doesn't support emails at all, at least not for normal subscribers. I believe it's there for Business clients.

Ay Cee wrote:
    While ye Meteor boyiz are around here, perhaps ye could offer some help.

I got the 6233 but when I go into the email application and try to check for new emails it says "Cannot connect to network. Check connection settings"

Is there any settings I can check?

Cheers.
    what is the email provider? if its gmail it'll definitely work. make sure you have all the right settings by sending them to your phone from this page:
    http://www.nokia.ie/A4202188

you'll get two sets of internet settings, meteor wap and meteor web. the gmail application only works with the meteor web settings and the one you're using might be the same.

and you have to be provisioned for the web settings. ring them up and say you want to be provisioned for the isp (or web) settings. don't let them fob you off or tell you something about putting settings on a computer because most of them don't know anything about it. it took me about 5 calls before one very helpful agent went and asked the technical team for me. tell whoever you get to do the same if they don't know

edit: and if you're using AFT, using the web settings instead of the wap will make your texts 1c each instead of 2c :)

Thanks Commander.
    I'm trying to access an eircom email account and another pop email account through the email application which is under the messaging heading (texts, multimedia etc.) The email accounts are set up properly, the pop and smtp settings etc but i'm assuming it's a problem with "dialing up" rather than the email servers.

The guy in the shop told me it had email and if what Chris is saying is right then unless i'm a business customer, technically it does have email but i can't use it?

Is this right Chris? Sorry for pestering you about this. But you do seem to know your stuff :)

From my own experience, the only way I have set up email is to use Opera Mini browser with the Meteor web settings (not the WAP ones). I've used that for my gmail account.

There is, I believe, a method to get eircom mail through the Meteor WAP site though using GPRS settings. Go to the main Meteor WAP site on your phone, and you should see email at the bottom.

Push and pull email is business only, I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Meteor dont support email on the handset even though theirs an option for it, however their is a way to access email on your phone through GPRS.

You need an email address ending in .ie. The easiest way would be to log into MyMeteor and register a new email address. Their should also be a check box there to 'enable email on phone'. Once this has been selected and confirmed you will receive a text message saying that email has been set up on your phone.

Then you need to log onto the internet on your phone. Point the browser to meteor.ie. Log into your MyMeteor account and access your mail from there.

Also, Push and Pull email is only supported for Business customers at the moment and its still in its very early stages. Several companies are testing it out at the moment but it should be available to post pay customers in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

chrislad wrote:
    From my own experience, the only way I have set up email is to use Opera Mini browser with the Meteor web settings (not the WAP ones). I've used that for my gmail account.

There is, I believe, a method to get eircom mail through the Meteor WAP site though using GPRS settings. Go to the main Meteor WAP site on your phone, and you should see email at the bottom.

Push and pull email is business only, I'm pretty sure.

how do you get the meteor web settings? i want to use the opera mini browser

They (settings) should be built into your phone. Again, it's model dependent. On my Nokia N80, I had 3 settings: Meteor GPRS, Meteor MMS and Meteor ISP (which is the Web settings)

First thing you need to do is ring Customer Care on 1905 and ask them to enable Internet Access on your account. It's not GPRS or MMS so make you you specify Internet Access (in those exact words). Settings for your phone should be on the Meteor website or if you have a Nokia or Sony Ericsson, they have settings on their sites, which I find are more up to date.

chrislad wrote:
    They (settings) should be built into your phone. Again, it's model dependent. On my Nokia N80, I had 3 settings: Meteor GPRS, Meteor MMS and Meteor ISP (which is the Web settings)

First thing you need to do is ring Customer Care on 1905 and ask them to enable Internet Access on your account. It's not GPRS or MMS so make you you specify Internet Access (in those exact words). Settings for your phone should be on the Meteor website or if you have a Nokia or Sony Ericsson, they have settings on their sites, which I find are more up to date.
    and unlike the ones that come from the meteor website, they're probably correct. the meteor site sends incorrect settings for at least two phones

Advertisement