Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surfing in cork

Options
  • 01-02-2007 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

hi all im interested n starting surfing lessons in cork i live near the city so i was just wondering where would be the best place to go?and if anyone could give me a gen idea of prices for lessons or does anyone know if osyterhaven do surfing?i used do windsurfing down ther all the time but had to give up bout2years ago dont know if that would make a difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Any previous watersports experience will help. I used to paddle (canoe), I still sail and was big into rowing. Your understanding of how water acts, how things move through water, and the dangers will be a huge advantage!

I am a beginer/intermediate and I had a ball in inchydoney. Friendly waves and lots of space between them. These guys have a good name.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~dunauley/surfclon2001.htm

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

thanks mill lightening heard a few good things about that place alright will have to check it out. will i need to bring equipment or can i rent it down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I don't know if they will just rent out the gear to a beginer to be honest. Best off paying for the lessons, it would probably be the same price.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

H20 extreme are runnnig a surf school in Garretstown now.

http://www.h2oextreme.net/

If you drop them an e-mail they are really good for replying and helpfuil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

thanks moonbeam ucc are doing some cool stuff with their surfing society including lessons boards and suits for 20e so might stick with that for awhile see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭tech

how are the lessons going? Im thinking of starting surfing also but dont know where to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭irishsurfer

Try corksurf.com - really good site, they should be able to sort you out

Advertisement