Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline not refunding airport charges..

Options
  • 01-02-2007 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Back at the start of december i had to cancel a trip to budapest due to broken foot. Anyway, when i rang the airline to cancel and ask for a cancellation invoice/letter (some proof that i had cancelled my trip for my travel insurance)... At the time i was told that the airport charges would be refunded.

Fast forward 2months and i've still not gotten anything stating i cancelled my trip nor have they refunded the airport charges. At this point i don't care how much the airport charges are, it's a point of principal. I want my refund. I've tried emailing their customer services and the once they replied i was told that it was passed onto their superior who in turn passed it onto their refunds department to refund me asap. I was told that 3 week ago.

I've rang their customer services call centre and pretty much the same thing, yeah you cancelled the flight... yada yada.. i'll look into what the delay is and get back to you asap.. and then nothing again from them.

So, any idea of what i should try next...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

decob wrote:
    At the time i was told that the airport charges would be refunded.
    Hmm..if it's Ryanair, they charge you an "administration fee", reduces the payout to near 0 in most cases .

Aer Lingus, some chance of a refund, but not quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

gerryo wrote:
    Hmm..if it's Ryanair, they charge you an "administration fee", reduces the payout to near 0 in most cases .

Aer Lingus, some chance of a refund, but not quickly.

no it was malev. Air Lingus refunded my other cancelled flight pretty quickly and sent me a confirmation of cancellation in a matter of days.

It was finally refunded yesterday...

Advertisement