Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband charges?

Options
  • 01-02-2007 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if someone using Eircom broadband might be able to shed some light into the charges I'm getting - I joined up two months ago during (if I recall correctly) the trial for "free connection, free wifi router and 1month usage free" if I signed up online. I did and my first bill came through today. My bill had a "Savings statement" at the top for the broadband, saying I saved €24.79 on connection and the same again for recurring rental.

However, under "Broadband Rental", there's a charge for "Online bb home str si wifi @ 16.51" and also a part period rental (just under the two months) at 40.12. (both ex VAT).

Now, my rental is €24.99/month so I expected after the first two months, a total charge of €24.99 based on the offer I chose.

Might anyone have an idea how the actual charges (16.51+40.12+VAT=€68.53) might have occurred? Or even what the 'online bb home stri si wifi" charge is? That's a LOT higher than I was expecting! (I was on hold for quite some time this evening and eventually gave up .. thought I'd try here before I go on hold again tomorrow!)

TIA...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 maplanois

Hi,
    I also signed up for Eircom Broadband beginning of December. I'm not sure about the figures you've given, but when my phone bill came on Jan 3rd the free month rental wasnt included. I rang them and they said that the promotion ended on 15th November.

So on 3rd Jan I got a bill for:
    Dec - Partial Month (20)
    Jan - Full month paid in advance (30)

So I emailed them the attached T&C pdf file
    which I saved from their website when I ordered. After I emailed that they called to say I'll get 30 Eur credit (1 month free) on next bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pjq

I had exactly the same problem so I phoned , the first guy with poor english told me to ring "call credits" , the next hung up when I said what I wanted and the third just insisted that €16.51 was two nonths rental and the WITCH hung up when I asked her to break it down ( that was December , christmas spirit and all , I've almost calmed down by now ).

Oh! the answer; next 2 mths @ 20.65 = 41.30 less 1 free mth 24.79 = 16.51
    with vat this is
    24.99 = 49.98
    29.99 = 19.98

so your first bill charges you from installation to bill date on one line . Then the line with the €16.51 charges you for the next 2 mths at €25 and credits the first month ,,, at the old monthly rate of €30- . This was correct in my case as I signed up when it was €29.99 a mth .

Why could the ignorami at Eircom not tell me " 2 months at 25 =50 less credit of 30 = €20 , knock off the vat (21%) and you have €16.51 !!

pjq

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Most people signing up for bb (irrespective of the isp) should expect (without any special offers complicating things) the part period between the date you are connected and the date of the bill and one or two months advance payment depending on the billing frequency plus telephone calls to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭yknaa

I too signed up with the free one month offer and a wireless modem in Nov/Dec. Got a bill today for the lovely sum of €161.79. FFS! At 2meg speed it should be 54.99 p/month plus calls (which are few and far between).

Looks like another fun installment on the blower to Eircon

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

yknaa wrote:
    I too signed up with the free one month offer and a wireless modem in Nov/Dec. Got a bill today for the lovely sum of €161.79. FFS! At 2meg speed it should be 54.99 p/month plus calls (which are few and far between).

Looks like another fun installment on the blower to Eircon

If you signed up in Nov/Dec that bill does not sound too far out. Bear in mind that you have already been connected for approx two months plus Eircom are charging you two months in advance so your bill should be approx 3*54.99 which is more or less what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭yknaa

I rang 'em last night and after only a short 14 minutes got through. We like a previous poster are also due a credit of c.30 euro as they only gave us the discount for the line rental and not the b/band. I suggest anyone else who signed up for the promotion check their bills.

Advertisement