Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BelfieldFM

• 01-02-2007 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Belfield FM is broadcasting for its final day this Friday. Can anyone tell me how aware they were of Belfield FM this week and if they listened. If so i welcome all comments and criticisims. Any feedback would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I am yet to ever listen to them-and I know a lot of people who have broadcasted on it. It doesn't interest me really. If you wanna listen to music you have your i-pod and you want something new then you down load it.
    Then again I don't listen to any radio cos I don't have the time
    I tried to listen in last year but couldn't pick it up on my radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I like BFM, but I haven't listened this week, I haven't really thought about it when I was online, and I don't have a radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Do you have online streaming? I wouldn't mind giving it a bit of a listen to.

I don't think I can pick it up on Spider-Skull Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

www.belfieldfm.ie and click the link :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Do you have online streaming? I wouldn't mind giving it a bit of a listen to.

I don't think I can pick it up on Spider-Skull Island.

there's something going on here
    http://live.heanet.ie/ucd.asx
    linked from the site
    http://www.belfieldfm.ie/

I never listen to the radio and rarely listen to music tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I didn't realise that you were broadcasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I'm very aware, mostly cause I'm a presenter....

*cough* "Off the Crossbar" 5:30 to 6:00 *cough*

Shameless I know, it's sports + music if anyone cares...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Never listened to it. Why on earth would I want to hear someone else choice in music when I have my own mp3 player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

to expand your taste in music perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Garret wrote:
    to expand your taste in music perhaps?

Hmm, well I listened in for the last 5 minutes and they played Snow Patrol and U2. Not exactly fresh new music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Do ya expect to hear sylvia plath or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Never really listened to them myself either. I've always kinda intended to, I just never got around to it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

the fact that ye only broadcast for a week is a problem. nobody will bother to tune into something for a week. also can you not try and see about getting it put on any PA systems around college that play music (like the Student Centre or Crunch Fitness). people at least then might be aware of it.

besides radio wise i only listen to RTE Radio 1 and another station these days. other than that it's CD's or MP3's.

EDIT: removed something that might contravene new boards rules.

Marshy wrote:

No, especially since she has little to do with music...no. That was a pretty pointless comment marshy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Sorry, how stupid of me. I forgot that she ultimately killed herself instead of becoming a musician.

Marshy wrote:
    Sorry, how stupid of me. I forgot that she ultimately killed herself instead of becoming a musician.

Yes, very stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I listened to Crashed! a couple of times and thought it was good listening... shame about the scratchiness of the online stream, though. If it was the same quality in the analogue broadcast then I wouldn't be all that surprised about the persistent negative image of the station's quality tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Marshy wrote:

not really seen as she has been dead since 1963, but i mean if BFM could get her it would be great, i have heard she is gas craic (bad joke sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

Its on again all next week on 101.3fm and webstreaming on www.belfieldfm.ie

Advertisement