Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Box Live- IP issue

• 01-02-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. After 2 months of waiting i have finally got broadband again (Magnet), I'm very excited. I have been looking forward very much to setting up my x-box live. It all seems to be going swimingly, except for the fact i cant set it up to my wireless network. It is reading the network no issues, but keeps failng when it trys to get the ip address. I've tried maually putting in the details, but alas, it keeps on failing. Could someone please help me.

Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

What security is the wireless router using? Is it the Magnet Wireless router? Or your own?

If its WEP, you need to enter the key in the network settings before you try and connect, I think its in advanced options.

I have Magnet, but I dont use their wireless. I use my linksys, and works fine. Also, dont set WPA encryption on whatever router, AFAIK X360 doesnt support it, I could be wrong, but the old Xbox didnt.

HTH,
    Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I've conected the magnet rounter to a belkin one and am useing that. The xbox is telling me that it is connecting to the network, no issues, and i can see the network icon with a little green light beside it, so i presume that that means the network is not an issue. I've tried manually putting in my Isp, Subnet and Gateway settings but its still failing me. Although knowing my level of networking knowledge i've probably done something completely wrong along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

I have the same prob as the OP. My Xbox live disconnects and tells me the IP is the problem.
    Can anybody shed some light on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Have either of you set up a mac address filter on the router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I've got it unline. Just connected it directly to my modem, ill have to wait for someone more skilled than me to help set up my wireless network.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 E=McHammer

wireless internet may very well destroy our chances of contacting alien life,let alone not let us go on xbox live,oh well i shall live on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

You may have to open some ports on your router aswell?

Advertisement