Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop to lcd tv

• 01-02-2007 10:31pm

I bought a VGA cable to hook my laptop up to one of those Technosonic lcd tv's. I pressed Fn+F8 which is the shortcut to switch the display from the laptop to the external monitor. Everything was fine to start with and the display was showing on both the TV and the laptop screen.

I pressed Fn+F8 again to change the display to the monitor only and suddenly it miniaturised to a small square on the tv with black on every side....I've tried fiddling around with the resolutions but with no joy? Anybody an expert on these things?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This is normal.

When you press fn+f8, it cycles through the various display modes.

It goes from Laptop LCD->Laptop LCD + TV-> TV only->Laptop LCD (or something fairly similar). The reason for the black border around the laptop LCD is that the computer re-sized the screen to fit on the TV, setting both the TV and the laptop LCD to the same resolution.

• so is there any way I get the display on the monitor/lcd tv full, without the borders on the sides, top and bottom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Sounds like the output resolution to the lcd is too low, when the picture is on the lcd can you right click on the desktop, go into properties and make the resolution higher

Are there any tv settings, aspect ratio maybe, that might set wrong

• I've been playing with the resolution and other settings to no avail....like I said when I first connected it up it was grand and it would scroll when you moved the mouse to the top or bottom of the screen. Whats complicating things is there's all these options for extended desktop etc which I dont understand.

Advertisement