Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old School Vs. Horizons - How do repeats work?

Options
  • 01-02-2007 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm a final year arts student and just wondering if i choose to repeat the year to get a higher grade will my degree be old school ucd "cothrom na féinne" or will it be UCDD Horizons??

surely someone out there must know whats gunna happen seeing as though we can't repeat our exams in august?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

You got an email from Philip Nolan to your UCD connect email address a while back - read that.

From said email sent 26/01/07:
    This guidance relates to all non-modular programmes and, typically, covers final stages of all currently modularised programmes.

If your programme has not yet been modularised, or if your programme is operating under transitionary rules, the traditional repeat rules apply. This means that where autumn repeats were available in the past they are still available, and where they were traditionally not available they are not available this year (for example, the final year of the BA, and the BSocSc programmes have not offered Autumn repeat examinations).

Please contact your Programme Office or the Student Desk at +353 1 716 1555 or by email at studentdesk@ucd.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Usually when you resit you can't get over a certain grade i.e. an honour. As pointed out above, in most degrees you can't repeat your finals and end up getting a pass degree (unless you've deferred the entire year). Essentially you only get one shot.

Exceptional circumstances are taken into account and would need to be documented. Deciding not to turn up to your finals is not going to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

If you drop out before you do any exams I don't think you're capped at 40%, it's just if you've already done the exams and want to repeat them then you are capped.

Advertisement