Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Torrents and Wireless Provider

Options
  • 01-02-2007 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi,

Have recently changed service provider and am now using a wireless internet connection. Since I have changed I haven't been able to connect to other torrent users using Bitcomet, Bitlord etc. Connecting Peers and Uploading is fine but downloading not working at all - anyone any ideas what it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

yrrag1974 wrote:
    Hi,

Have recently changed service provider and am now using a wireless internet connection. Since I have changed I haven't been able to connect to other torrent users using Bitcomet, Bitlord etc. Connecting Peers and Uploading is fine but downloading not working at all - anyone any ideas what it could be?

Clearwire? Give up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Who is your wireless provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Cabaal wrote:
    Who is your wireless provider?

Its Calladius Telecom, they recently took over Torque telecom which covers Blessington and surrounding areas. I know that it should work with them cos my brother uses them as well and has no issues using Torrents. My problem is that I can see loads of peers CONNECTING but no peers CONNECTED therefore the download can't start.

I've hooked up my laptop as well, which normally uses torrents fine, and it has the same problem so this says to me it is something to do with the connection.

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Same problem with BBNet in Clare...anyone with idea?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

use an encrypted torrent client not an unencrypted one .

dunno whats out there though , not since kazaa :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement