Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jap Radio Conversion

Options
  • 02-02-2007 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

Hi my friend has just bought a Lexus Altezza. It has come straight from Japan. The radio has the usual jap wrong frequency range. He doesn't want to go with a band expander.
    Any one know a company/person that woud be able to re-code/adjust the radio to allow it pick up the 97MHz-108MHz range???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Fredrick

Don't think thats possible mate. The band expander works fine, a friend and i use them in both our imports it took me about 20mins to install on my celica, mind you i had to find the radio removal instructions on a forum first which didn't take long either check it out. Either that or a new stereo i would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The band expander works fine but if you do a lot of town then it can get annoying listening to van drivers/taxi's chatting.

Do a google on the radio, some may be able to be soft reset. I'm sure their like DVD players etc and some of the tuning is done by software.

Advertisement