Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats gonna happen?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Lorax wrote:
    Should be banned for personal abuse tbh ^

Personal abuse??! where would we find that then?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

OP, you weren't necessarily driving dangerously. However you were acting the bollox. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

LundiMardi wrote:
    OP, you weren't necessarily driving dangerously. However you were acting the bollox. Cop on.

Yep I agree, I'm no psychic OP but somehow I sense that your next mission that night (Or some other night) would have been to see how fast that beast would go. Maybe im wrong though I just get the feeling... you would.

I hope you got it all out of your system now, and you don't hear from the Guards again, but do cop on. Keep it bottled up for track days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

It was under 9 seconds, not great but I only tried once. Chonker u drive a skyline right? :D

Lorax wrote:
    It was under 9 seconds, not great but I only tried once. Chonker u drive a skyline right? :D

Yea, but its only a baby one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Lorax wrote:
    It won't really do much better. The bhp figures for the levins are based on them running 100RON petrol so far as I know, as they were only on sale in Japan, so running over here it'll be less. I have heard plenty of people including owners state that they're not making the claimed figures.
    They're still not bad for a 1.6.
    Still though, keep the nose dry on the main roads, cause plenty of messers own levins so the guards have their eye on that type of car.
    Be happy with under 9 seconds. Its plenty quick till the next car after a few years experience under the belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Driving like a prat! Undue care! You were acting the maggot for jeez sake! What about ruining a good car?
    You can't measure 0 to 60 from the hard shoulder as you first have to pull off it and are already therefore on a rolling start. You give all of us a bad name with this type of childish behaviour

Driving like a prat! Undue care! You were acting the maggot for jeez sake! What about ruining a good car?
    You can't measure 0 to 60 from the hard shoulder as you first have to pull off it and are already therefore on a rolling start. You give all of us a bad name with this type of childish behaviour

Not that I agree with the OP's decision to test his 0-60 on a public road,but tell me again why you can't do it from the hard shoulder.

Maybe ive missed something, did he also ruin his car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Give the guy a break lads. What he did was a little silly but was nowhere near as stupid as the crap most Irish drivers serve up on a daily basis out there. Once again (as John Cleary stated) this board is full of angles who are convinced they are the best driver in the world and every one else shouldnt pilot a remote control car let alone a real one. Get real guys.

As for the dope who said the OP will ruin his car, do you know anything at all about cars besides their basic ability to get from A to B? How the hell will he ruin the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭event

Nuttzy wrote:
    Lol, :D
    Sure the cops had nothing better to do. This seemingly new thing of them taking a note of a persons licence and not telling the person what they plan to do is a joke. How does this benefit anyone except lazy guards that are too busy catching minor traffic crap instead of catching joyriders and other such scum. You`ll probably get a sneaky summons or something in a couple months, actually this is Ireland, in about 8months.

You wernt doing any harm, if this is taken further i suggest you regard the whole incident in a comical context for your own sanity.

What car have you anyway, and what was your time? :)

:rolleyes: jesus christ, what a post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cpoh1 wrote:
    this board is full of angles
    LOL :D - right angles?, acute angles?, 45 degree angles?

(sorry cpoh1, I couldn't resist! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭maidhc

Obtuse angles for the most part. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Dear god, after 7 years in college as an engineer to get THAT word wrong :D

I think im trying to convey that some fellas on here are more at 90 degree angles if ya get me :p

Thought some ppl would be searching this thread anyway because of my other post, the answer to the original question I asked is this:

Nothing. Absolutely f**k all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Lorax wrote:
    Should be banned for personal abuse tbh ^

Loraxs' answer to everything he doesn't like; isn't this what he wanted on the other thread too?

And what's your last post in aid of?

what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Lorax wrote:
    Nothing. Absolutely f**k all :D

Bully for you.

Yourself and another poster here can continue to fight teh powah, both on and off boards, however the facts, ironically as dictated by you both in your posts here will lead me (and perhaps others) to a different conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

:D:D
    Lorax wrote:
    Tonight I pulled in to the hard shoulder on the n3 where the limit is 100km/h to try something ( my friend was recording my speedometer with my camera phone ) anyway, was just testing the 0-60mph on my car.. so pulled out and started revving, got to 60mph in 2nd gear and only went slightly over the limit maybe, 102km/h or smething.. then slowed back to about 80-90km/h and and put it into proper gear 4th/5th.. anyway the Gardai traffic corps jeep pulled me in not long after and start saying "what the hell do you think you were doing", etc etc, I said I just pulled in to wipe the condensation off my windscreen but dont think he bought it... checked my discs (everything was in date and fine) then looked at my license and wrote something in his notepad. Handed me back my license and walked back to his own car. Jus wondering what laws exactly did I break?

as others said.. driving without due care and attention..
    the cops are gonna love you... bank holiday weekend and all!! more statistics for them..

i rekon he most likely will do you for due care and attention... thats a court appearance isnt it.. i think

he most likely wrote your dob, licence number and address in his notebook..
    im not sure if you could get penalty points?

do you mind if i ask what you were driving? did it have a big exhaust ( not factory spec) , tinted windows, ? tacky alloys and a big spolier?? was a baseball cap involved also?? :D

were the gardai driving behind you at the time? or were they further up the road?

your insurance doesent cover you for this sorta craic, on public roads! i bet you only have a provisional licence?
    sorry but you fit exactly into the profile of the type that causes major carnage on our roads killing innocent people each year with crazy driving...:mad: its this sorta type that has car insurance expensive..

i hope the gardai teach you a valuable lesson!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Like I said earlier from reading your previous, you are an inexperienced driver, first provisional, you drive like a lunatic, you admit to taking drugs, you admit to drink driving. I'd feel safer knowing you are off the road.

DonJose this was over 4 months ago, nothings gonna happen. Also its none of your business what I drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

threadclosed.gif TBH!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

SoBe wrote:
    threadclosed.gif TBH!
    To Quote Metallica:
    "So let it be written; so let it be done."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement