Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Phaeton 6.0 W12 Remap?

Options
  • 02-02-2007 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Is it possible to get a Volkswagen Phaeton 6.0 W12 remapped so as to remove the limiter and pump up the bhp 444 to 552 bhp like the bentley gt. I presume its the same engine and the vw got less power to help the marketing guys. Can this be done in Ireland , any ideas on cost plus pros and cons. cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There are probably some differences between the two engines - but nothing substantial. If the ECUs have the same pin configuration/layout then it may be possible to simply swop the Phaeton ECU for the Bentley ECU (along with any recoding).

Only for the fact that I've a company car I'd seriously consider importing a Phaeton - I really like that car.

Even if you can't find a way to remap, surely 444 BHP would suffice? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

ok, i might see can I research a few vag boards. I would prefer to get the best out of the engine. Seems it might be more difficult then I thought at first "Bentley adds its own cylinder heads with a specific combustion-chamber shape, adds twin turbos and intercoolers plus lots of ECU software"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I pitty the day when a standard 6.0 litre V12 needs a remap. :eek:

BTW doesn't the Bentley have a supercharger or turbo also? There might also be a difference in weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

yeah seems from worldcarfan it has a twin turbo attached , so even with the remap it wouldn't come near the bentley. do it seems it can do 192mph if unrestricted.

Advertisement