Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed for 13, 19.2 & 28.2 on a single dish

• 02-02-2007 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭

Folks,
    apart from Wavefrontier Torodial dishes, are there any traditional dish brands that come with LNB brackets that provide elevation control for each LNB?.. because it seems to me that most who have setup 13/19 & 28.2 configurations have had some kind of self-mod'd solution using everything from metal strips to cable ties to raise the 28.2 LNB.

My existing solution is a generic dish originally installed as a 13/19 setup with my later addition of a 28.2 LNB. To improve its signal, its held above the LNB rail on a metal strip.. it works but the recent storms have knocked the whole dish about a bit.. did I mention the 80cm dish is on the chimney?..

So I'm going to get up on the roof some day soon and access the damage.. but honestly I think I need to relocate the dish to the back garden rear wall, a few feet off the ground for safety and easier access.

I was just wondering what people recommend in terms of dish & LNB bracket.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭gorm

I use a T90 but you mean something like this. Widely available, including locally not just from the link which is just an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

I have a 90cm dish with that multi-LNB holder. As soon as I find an installer that isn't to busy to install it I'll let you know how it worked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

thanks for the replies.. but that triax bracket looks like all LNBs are on the same elevation.. how do you get one LNB to sit higher than another or is the bracket itself on an elevation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭pjq

Don't know if this helps , the first item says its cost-effective alternative to Torodial http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/antennen-wavefrontier/ .

I got a Gibertini 1m dish and an arm for €14 to hols the 3 lnb , can't find it at HM now , similar to this http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/montage-zubehoer-lnb-zubehoer/universal-multifeedhalterung-4fach.html .

However , what I have never understood is that they sell Multifeed Holders that can line the lnbs up in a horisontal plane ,,,, but I can only make it work by having 28E perched above the bar and 13e hangs below on the other side meanwhile 19e is strapped under the "armpit" pointing more upwards than the others .

In addition I found Astra 28 very hard to locate and had to line it up first .

pjq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

The triax bracket allows you to change the elevation a little bit but not enough to get 28.2. There is trick to taking the arm off and turning it upside down. This will give a few more degrees to change the elevation to get 28.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Depending on your point of view...

The bar is meant to be assembled with the hole at bottom. This works for all positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭pjq

Watty ,

Are you saying that 3 sats could be lined up on one horisontal (upside-down pepending on perspective) bar , or is it that 28 is out of sink with the others ?

pjq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No. It depend how far they are from your due south. It is an U shape curve, flat bottom is at 8W if you are at 8W, 28E would be at flat bottom in Prague.

So 13E, 19E, 28E roughly all on same slope, But 19 & 13 are close, 28 is farther apart so angle important

Advertisement