Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else wish...

• 02-02-2007 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

... they had done another season in the prison?

Don't get me wrong, I like this new season, but... I think I would of prefered another one set in the prison. Or even a different prison (maybe their escape was foiled and they got moved to another prison?)

This season doesn't seem to have the same pace as the last one, and there really isn't anything i'm waiting to see happen next week because the storyline seems to of gotten pretty random. I actually expected them not to escape by the end of the first season and it seemed a little rushed to get them out so early into the shows life.

Any opinions?

Should they of stayed in the prison for season 2 8 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

100% disagree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

care to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i dont think the second season should have have been set in prison again. i am loving it 100%. it is fantastic

L31mr0d wrote:
    care to elaborate?
    The whole escape was drawn out long enough. Any longer and it would have seemed like they were never going to feckin get out. Also remember that Linc was due to be executed so it's not like they could have kept it going indefinitely. Moving to another prison would just have been silly as the whole pretence of the show was that Michael designed the prison and had the plans tattooed on him.

Personally I think the second series is great and think it has a better pace than the first. It's also evident how the storyline has been planned out over a full season as there's less stalling and going around in circles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i'm not feeling this season at all now
    it feels like there is no true objective anymore...well besides from freeing Linc's name but that wasn't of any of the viewer's concerns from last year really..it was all about the jail break. I don't give a tug about his storyline. I just want to see Kellerman and Mahone go toe2toe.

Linc's criminal heritage is a poor relative to Micheal's prison break.

They should have done just 2 seasons (has a 3rd being confirmed?) and had a spinoff series featuring TBag giving talks in Catholic shcools about the side effects of self masturbation.

€0.02

• Advertisement

i guess what I mean is not that they should of done another season in prison after season 1, but spread out the prison break over at least 2 seasons, which would of been completely possible.

What got this idea into my head was seeing Bellick back in the prison, and I remembered what got me hooked on the show in the first place. That constant fear of being trapped and not knowing how to escape. Another factor was the mysteries held in Mikes tatoo, with new riddles unlocked each episode. They still touched on the tatoos relevance in the beginning of this series but that has all gone by the wayside now as mahone knows exactly what it means... so now we are left with the weak stories of each of the escapies (Sucres being the best imo) and the ridiculous events surrounding Mike and Linc which seem to have no order anymore (where's the genius from season 1 gone?)

In the prison they had a defined goal, now it seems that anything could happen. I actually forsee this whole thing ending with the brothers set up down in panama renting out mopeds living with sucre, his wife and the old sage with the VW bug, having accomplished nothing but freeing a load of murderers, causing havoc and consistantly on Americas most wanted list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I think the whole Fox River side to the story was played out, stretching the prison break out any further wouldn't have worked. Now that they're on the run, we still have the tension, desperate situations and hairsbreadth escapes that made the first season so great.

True, it does seem more random now that they're not following Michael's masterplan, but the writers have a plan for where the show is going and I think it'll be good. I still wish Abruzzi was around though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

i'm not feeling this season at all now
    it feels like there is no true objective anymore...well besides from freeing Linc's name but that wasn't of any of the viewer's concerns from last year really..it was all about the jail break.

Yep I've had it now too. The start of the series was good, then I just continued watching through habit...now I'm taking 2-3 weeks after airing to be bothered watching them (still havent seen 15). It's drawn out, repititious and I couldn't give a fiddlers what happens to them anymore. I think a lot of people are living on what the show used to be and codding themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

hey what channel are you guys watching it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

man1 wrote:

*tumbleweed*.......sometimes when there's a torrent-ial downpour you can get Fox in Ireland. *ahem*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i dunno, maybe some sort of hostage situation for a few months or something would be good

man1 wrote:

ixney on the annel chey, comprende?

What i'm really hoping for is lincs son to get thrown into jail, another jail that mike designed and they have to break into the prison to get him out.

L31mr0d wrote:
    ixney on the annel chey, comprende?

?????

man1 wrote:
    ?????

haven't read the stickies for this forum eh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

man1 wrote:

my good friend Rupert Murdoch sends it over to me by post every Tuesday morning. he is a really swell guy

man1 wrote:
    You're opening yourself to torrents of abuse by asking that question!

Sorry for the torrent of questions. I see what ya mean. Won't ask again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

Things might have got a bit boring if they stayed in the prison for all of the second season. They could have stayed in the prison for some of the season and the rest of it outside the prison.

Anyone know when it is starting again on RTE???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I think they have done it peferctly. I have watched the 2 seasons over the last 3 weeks and imo season 2 has been better then season 1, non stop action and more exciting then season 1.
    I heard they had the 2 seasons planned out in advance and you can see that from how it's panned out.
    Season 1 is the escape, season 2 is on the run

I think they could of at least stretched out the Bellick in prison story a little bit more. I mean we see an ominous shot of him behind the bars and everyone looking menacingly at him, he gets beaten up then is free again by the next episode.

I really thought they where going to go down the route of putting linqs son in prison then mike and linq would have to break him out. I'm wondering now how they are going to run another season of prison break now without it getting horribly repetitive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement