Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blackberry and porting q's

• 02-02-2007 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

hi all

1)i cancelled my contact with vodafone this morning would this mean i can port to o2 immediately?

2)about 02 blackberry service,the phone i have is a treo 650 which can be blackberry enabled so could pay for the blackberry service or do i have to buy a blackberry phone?

3)if i put the bb settings into the treo can use the unlimited internet?

4)anybody recommend a good phone on o2 for email/multimedia(preferably a smartphone of some kind(no xda's..too slow)),that would kick my treo's ass?

cheers
    damo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

1)i cancelled my contact with vodafone this morning would this mean i can port to o2 immediately?

Make sure they haven't cut your number off completely, this may effect porting. Just hop into an O2 shop with your bill though.

2)about 02 blackberry service,the phone i have is a treo 650 which can be blackberry enabled so could pay for the blackberry service or do i have to buy a blackberry phone?

You can generally pay for the blackberry service, but O2 won't support you - ring data support on 1850601740 to get your IMEI/PIN added to your account.

3)if i put the bb settings into the treo can use the unlimited internet?

Unlimited Blackberry email & WAP browsing is what it is, and only covers WAP connections - speak to data support again and make sure you have the right settings on your device or you'll be charged extra.

4)anybody recommend a good phone on o2 for email/multimedia(preferably a smartphone of some kind(no xda's..too slow)),that would kick my treo's ass?

Not familiar with the treo .. but try the Blackberry 8100, XDA IQ or Nokia E61.

Hope that helps some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

AAAHHHHHHH.....feck it...just got the pearl...gorgous looking phone but loaded up opera mini..doesnt connect,back to the o2 store.
    I guess i can stop the blackberry service?

Advertisement