Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridging PHPBB with a webmail client

Options
  • 02-02-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

To avoid multiple logins in my site, I have decided to bridge my various PHP web items. Recentlly I bridged PHPBB with Coppermine Photo Gallery with the bridging tool in Coppermine. Now I'm looking for a Webmail Client that supports bridging to make one universal login. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Don't know. Have you had much success with Google?

I suspect that if you get your hands on a PHP client, you should be able to modify the mail client code, and alter the PHPBB database sufficiently to "bodge" the solution together.

A couple of years back I had written a user login system for a site, and then later added PHPBB. It was a relatively simple task to alter my code to use the PHPBB database (and functions) for user authentication.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

No webmail clients have such a flaw in them to allow bridging like that, but as Seamus said, it should be easy (sorta) to modify a few codes to fix everything up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Agreed, I'm working for a client at the moment building a cms that integrates blog style commenting and adding content for hundreds of users, but also incorporating two purchased php apps which had their own seperate logins. I had to bridge all three. It's tedious, but not that difficult tbh.

Advertisement