Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interesting Statistics

• 02-02-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Taken form this site http://www.dragonbets.com/league_tables/turkey_futbol_ligi_1/

These are the stats for the average goals per game in the top european leagues

1: Netherlands Eredivisie - 3.11
    2: German Bundesliga - 2.73
    3: Belgian Jupiler League - 2.65
    4: Scottish Premier League - 2.56
    5: Italian Serie A - 2.50
    6: English Premier League - 2.44
    7: Spanish La Liga - 2.38
    8: Turkish Futbol Ligi 1 - 2.38
    9: Portugal Liga - 2.34
    10: French Ligue 1 - 2.25
    11: Greece Ethniki Katigoria 2.20

So we should all be watching Dutch football then. Thought it was interesting to see that "boring" Serie A figures higher on the list than the Premiership and La Liga

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I still think Italian footbal is boring................you could be watching it for 85mins go out to get a drink come back in and the score has changed from 0-0 to 2-1.........

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I still think Italian footbal is boring................you could be watching it for 85mins go out to get a drink come back in and the score has changed from 0-0 to 2-1.........

Its not the games fault you went out for a drink.

This season has been one of the best season in a long time in terms of quality of game and goals scored in Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

A high average for goals doesn't mean that there is a high standard of quality in the respective league

Not exactly a huge difference is there... people read too much into stats in my opinion, dont even get me started on the stupid stats Sky Sports come out with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

From the matches I've seen Italian football is much more entertaining than Spanish football this season. Sometimes the crowd can make a match. If there's only 20,000 in a 60,000 capacity the match doesn't seem half as good. The atmosphere at Roma - Milan on Wednesday was excellent and it makes a huge difference. It was one of their highest attendances of the season.

There's plenty of factors that make the premiership more attractive to the Irish. We know most of the players, we relate to the atmosphere, we know someone who supports the teams we're watching, etc.

Italian football isn't boring. Matches are more entertaining than the other big 2 leagues imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

eirebhoy wrote:
    From the matches I've seen Italian football is much more entertaining than Spanish football this season. Sometimes the crowd can make a match. If there's only 20,000 in a 60,000 capacity the match doesn't seem half as good. The atmosphere at Roma - Milan on Wednesday was excellent and it makes a huge difference. It was one of their highest attendances of the season.

There's plenty of factors that make the premiership more attractive to the Irish. We know most of the players, we relate to the atmosphere, we know someone who supports the teams we're watching, etc.

Italian football isn't boring. Matches are more entertaining than the other big 2 leagues imo.

Would defo agree with this. Its just a pity that some of the attendances of games are getting smaller especially for a league whos national team just won the world cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

kearnsr wrote:
    Would defo agree with this. Its just a pity that some of the attendances of games are getting smaller especially for a league whos national team just won the world cup

part of it is coz of the scandal with ac, fiorentina juve at the start of the year. When these teams were docked points /relegated/thrown out of europe a lot of their better players left and went to spain/england/germany...so hence the standard of football is worse this year than last year....also it means that the traditional juve /inter/ac rivalry for the title isnt there this year...give it a couple of years and italian soccer will recover and be back to where it was last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

1: Netherlands Eredivisie - 2.94
    2: German Bundesliga - 2.69
    3: Belgian Jupiler League - 2.69
    4: Italian Serie A - 2.50
    5: Scottish Premier League - 2.44
    6: English Premier League - 2.43
    7: Turkish Futbol Ligi 1 - 2.39
    8: Portugal Liga - 2.34
    9: Spanish La Liga - 2.32
    10: Greece Ethniki Katigoria 2.24
    11: French Ligue 1 - 2.21

France deservedly slips down to bottom place. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Taken form this site http://www.dragonbets.com/league_tables/turkey_futbol_ligi_1/

These are the stats for the average goals per game in the top european leagues

1: Netherlands Eredivisie - 3.11
    2: German Bundesliga - 2.73
    3: Belgian Jupiler League - 2.65
    4: Scottish Premier League - 2.56
    8: Turkish Futbol Ligi 1 - 2.38
    9: Portugal Liga - 2.34
    10: French Ligue 1 - 2.25
    11: Greece Ethniki Katigoria 2.20

So we should all be watching Dutch football then. Thought it was interesting to see that "boring" Serie A figures higher on the list than the Premiership and La Liga

nice one, i'm off to see Ajax v Sparta Rotterdam this sunday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

VinnyL wrote:
    nice one, i'm off to see Ajax v Sparta Rotterdam this sunday :D

That's got 0-0 written all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

That's got 0-0 written all over it.

ha ha, i'm an optimist, i reckon it'll be a goal-fest :rolleyes:

i surprised the spanish league is lower than the EPL and Serie A to be honest, shows how many people have a misconception about the spanish league being the most attacking in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

eirebhoy wrote:
    If there's only 20,000 in a 60,000 capacity the match doesn't seem half as good.

The lads on Newstalk were talking about the Euro 2012 bids last night and had Gabriella Marchotti on talking about the Italian bid. It seems that they intend to reduce the attendances in most of the new stadia and redevelopments. If this is done it will definitely help the atmosphere at grounds like the Delle Alpi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The Delle Alpi has been due to be rebuilt for years, Juventes' cheating problems didn't help move the project along however.

astrofool wrote:
    The Delle Alpi has been due to be rebuilt for years, Juventes' cheating problems didn't help move the project along however.

Juve dont own the Delle Alpi. Its a public stadium which Juve and Torino play in.

The Italians looked at what they did for Italia 90. The redevloped there sadiums to big. For the world cup they were plenty big but for normal week to week use it meant 20k turning up to a 60k stadium and along with smaller crowds it just looks bad.

I see the goals scored went down. Maybe teams can only score in the warm weather!

The itlians kept the same record. They must have had a mild winter

Advertisement