Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Heineken Advert

Options
  • 02-02-2007 11:37am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the new ad on the telly where the Saleen S7 gets crushed to make the cans for the wee?
    Wouldl this really tempt you into buying Heineken or do you just feel that they have desecrated someting beautiful?
    Maybe it was a kit car but nonetheless, vandalism is still vandalism!
    (I can't find a vid clip online for the advert but this is much nicer...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

thats the best thing one can do with an American super car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

those words American....super...and car really dont sit well together at all

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

bigkev49 wrote:
    those words American....super...and car really dont sit well together at all
    Ford GT40?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Dodge Viper?

...and the crushing does make me weep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Shelby Cobra. Imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

milltown wrote:
    Shelby Cobra. Imo.

?

"Shelby Cobra. In my opinion"

That does not make any sense to me. Or, does IMO stand for something else. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Here's a version of the ad: http://www.visit4info.com/static/advert_pages/14878.cfm?back_page=6.cfm

Seems it was originally made in 2004. The Ad agency (CHI: http://www.chiadvertising.com/) have no info about it on their site, but it could have been done in 3D. After all, I was very disapointed to discover that Citroen don't actually make dancing Transformers.

As for tempting me to buy Heineken, even if they crushed my grilfriend's P.O.S. '95 Seat Ibiza (the thing I hate most on the planet), I wouldn't drink the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

milltown wrote:
    Shelby Cobra. Imo.

ah the Shelby was only a copy of the original AC Cobra... which was a British sports car and certainly not a 'super car'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I love the saleen S7... wouldn't make my buy Heineken though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

ah the Shelby was only a copy of the original AC Cobra... which was a British sports car and certainly not a 'super car'

Shelby Mustang maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Has anyone seen the billboard add for the same? What car is used on it? Definatly not a Saleen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

jozi wrote:
    Has anyone seen the billboard add for the same? What car is used on it? Definatly not a Saleen

It looked like a Jag to me. Can't think of the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I think the car crushed in the ad may be a scale model - OK, I haven't seen a lot of cars crushed like that but I don't think it looks all that realistic for something of that size, and the shards of glass look quite large in comparison to everything else. Also, a lot of the body is carbon fibre - it looks like it's all metal in the ad.

The S7 doesn't really look all that interesting to me - it kinda just looks like "Generic '90s Supercar". Seems to do well in races though. Also, pushrods FTW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I think the car crushed in the ad may be a scale model - OK, I haven't seen a lot of cars crushed like that but I don't think it looks all that realistic for something of that size, and the shards of glass look quite large in comparison to everything else. Also, a lot of the body is carbon fibre - it looks like it's all metal in the ad.

The S7 doesn't really look all that interesting to me - it kinda just looks like "Generic '90s Supercar". Seems to do well in races though. Also, pushrods FTW :D

Somehow I really doubt they actually crushed a real supercar for an ad.

Yeah, I know, I'm saying it looks like a miniature scale model as opposed to a full size replica of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Yeah, I know, I'm saying it looks like a miniature scale model as opposed to a full size replica of some sort.

correct, it is a Dinky/Matchbox one....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Well not that small! :rolleyes:

Advertisement