Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bath re-enamelling

Options
  • 02-02-2007 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had a cast-iron bath re-enameled recently? If so, what company did you use, and what were your experiences?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

UB,
    I used a company called Renubath (tel 01 4500433) in December to do my bath. They charged €245. It took about 45 minutes to complete. I'm happy with the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

45 minutes - I imagined I'd have to send the bath away for weeks. That's great. Was it enamel, though, or just a plastic layer?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

The bath looks and feels the same as a normal enamel bath. I'm not sure what exactly they put on it but it comes with a 1 year guarantee. Although they resurface the bath in under an hour you cannot use it for 5 days. My father in law had his bath resurfaced a couple of years ago and said it hasn't shown any sign of wear and tear yet.

Advertisement