Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finishing a contract

• 02-02-2007 12:44pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My contract for my phone is due to be up in a couple of days (thank God!) and I'm wondering how to go about sorting that out. Do I ring them and tell them to cut me off the day the contract finishes? Do they contact me to see if I want to renew? What exactly happens?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You'd normally just call them up and confirm that the contract is terminating on whatever date.
    Normally, the contract is only in-place while you're paying off the handset subsidy e.g. typically, 12 months.

After that, it'll usually roll onto a month-by-month setup, unless you upgrade your handset.

Once you're no longer subject to contract, you can appraoch another mobile phone operator to port your number off the network and can move it back to pre-pay if you prefer.

Just make sure that you're definitely not under any further contractual obligations. Some companies, e.g. 3, require 30 days notice.

I'm planning on switching in April, so, I'll be giving them notice of termination 30 days before that.

When you've changed to another provider, you should get a final bill from your current mobile phone company whenever your bill normally comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Even though your 12 month contract is up your still on a rolling contract.

The only benefit of cancelling outside of the 12 months is that you wont have to pay any early cancellation fee's.

Apart from that you will have to go through the normal process. I suggest calling your network to confirm the end date of the contract and to be informed of the cancellation process.

Normally you will have to send in a letter of cancellation and the cancellation process will only start from the date the letter is received. This will normally take 30 days and then you'll received your 'final bill'. On this your last months commitment will be free if you were charged a month in advance at the start.

Another way would be to approach another network. They can put the port through for you there and then. Your current network will be notified of this and you'll be 'final billed'. Again, your last months commitment should be free providing that you didnt port out before the end of your 12 month contract, if you did you may see a charge for this.

Advertisement