Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nerf Imps.

Options
  • 02-02-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Blizz wrote:
    We will be implementing a hotfix this evening that temporarily removes the Warlock Imp's spell damage coefficient as it was performing far in excess of our intention. This will remove any spell damage bonuses from improving the Imp's attacks. We are currently on schedule to be implementing the correct values with the next patch. While we are able to effectively block the spell damage bonus with a hotfix it will require a client side patch to input the intended spell damage bonus the Imp is receiving.

party poopers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

ffs..
    my imp was hitting for 400, im sure it will be uber nerfed now back to 50 or 60, a pile of ****e like the felguard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

lazygit wrote:
    ffs..
    my imp was hitting for 400, im sure it will be uber nerfed now back to 50 or 60

As much as i enjoyed the improve fireball (turns him into a freaken machine gun TBH) with all the aura's and AOE in the new dungeons he was being squished in 5 out of 10 pulls. so i keep him phase shifted most of the time or sac him for +15% fire spell damage if the group allows.
    lazygit wrote:
    a pile of ****e like the felguard

eh? ****? hes an excellent agro holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Tbh, I'd prefer if they nerfed warriors again.

Lets petition Wow to nerf Warriors as they are too overpowered. Take away intercept, decrease rage gain by a factor of 4 and make them have to wear pink fluffy directors pants so we can tax them. Whos up for it, I'm sure I can make about a 1000 fake email addys over the weekend.

of all classes, warriors are the class i feel most sorry for...

just look at em, over there, all underpowered and vunerable... spec'd fury for (at best) poor dps and being replaced by tanking druids... poor little blighters....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

But we still need female gnome warriors, just for the sound they make while they're tanking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

any warlock nerf is welcome.

DRakE wrote:

what class do you play mr warlock hater?

At a guess I'd say warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

cance wrote:
    of all classes, warriors are the class i feel most sorry for...

just look at em, over there, all underpowered and vunerable... spec'd fury for (at best) poor dps and being replaced by tanking druids... poor little blighters....

Shouldnt have started playing wow as a warrior then! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

keep the nerfs coming...

longer death coil cooldown?;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 NirdleBug

*deletes the warlock I just rolled*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Please sir, can I have some more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I play a priest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

DRakE wrote:

IDD
    And I play a druid.
    Too many times Ive gone to make tea whilst waiting for a chain-fear to run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Have a priest and warrior, and the 2.01 patch really screwed the warrior up. If he wasnt crap at PVP while fury specced (ok, i know arms is better for pvp), hes rightly screwed now. As my priest, a warrior could barely harm me UNLESS they had some decent gear and a 2-hander, and that was with being both shadow specced and disc/holy. They really need some changes made to the warrior so they don't need to depend on having decent gear to not totally suck in pvp.

My warrior is a female gnome :D. Sounds like a chick orgasming after inhaling helium when tanking.

My warrior is a female gnome :D. Sounds like a chick orgasming after inhaling helium when tanking.

... :D

DRakE wrote:
    I play a priest :D

:) Feel the powa!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

locks are getting a raw deal with these last few patches...

locks are getting a raw deal with these last few patches...

I don't think so, Locks were made overpowered. They can out dps anybody, are harder to kill then any other clothwearer and in pvp they can take on 2 or 3 other people at once. Plus they have a variety of pets.

Blizzard is slowly toning locks down, but they will not be turned into a free hk like warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Perhaps introducing a cooldown on fear? As little as 10 or 15 seconds? That could solve a lot of imba problems

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

krazy_8s wrote:
    Blizzard is slowly toning locks down, but they will not be turned into a free hk like warriors.

We know all about being free honour kills. We were like that before getting buffed in the 1.8 (1.9?) patch. Locks are massivly overpowered at lvl60, but its supposed to be far more balanced (against locks) at 70, with the massive amounts of health that pretty much every class is getting. We'll see soon enough, once the majority of people get closer to there. I got kinda bored of my lock anyway...trying a Orc Warrior on Auchindon now.

Now bring on the Hunter nerfs...

Kiith wrote:

AMEN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Kiith wrote:

That was two weeks ago! Hunters are really very poor at 70 now. I do about the same dps as I did at level 60 pre-nerf. With everyone having 3k+ more HP there isn't enough time to DPS them down before we are deadzoned and killed. We also got no good PVP abilities in the expansion, not one. :(

The crit nerf is especially nasty. I'm down to 18% ranged crit now, was 25% at 60. Also there's resilience - this isn't a problem right now but when people start to stack resilience gear for PVP that will be another 5-10% crit reduction. Armour scaling also hurts, I had 40% absorb at 60, now it's 28%.

Hunters and Warriors are suffering now for the same reason - we both have deadzones where we do no damage and we now lack the burst DPS to kill other classes before they exploit it.

Dr_Teeth wrote:
    Hunters are Warriors are suffering now for the same reason - we both have deadzones where we do no damage and we now lack the burst DPS to kill other classes before they exploit it.

well if thats the case, the hunters on my KOS list will be very unhappy when i see them next. Hunter DPS was just LOL at lvl 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Played a warrior to 70 (warrior had tier 2,2.5 and some naxx type loot (not the sets but that general level) before TBC.

I had about 59% armourr eduction at 60 in tank gear(7k odd hp) and about 49% in dps gear(4300 hp). Now my Tank gear i got 49% dmg reduction(11k hp) and 42% reduction in dps gear (7.5k hp). I'm not overly worried about this however (im more worried about my lack of dps in general, so much so i said **** this and specced prot so that i could at least do one thing properly). My gear will improve as i start getting high end blues and when we start raiding next week so it doesnt hugely worry me...especially as prot.

What does worry me is this however. I had just lvl'd my mage to 60 the day before the expansion came out so his gear was pretty crap. That mage is now lvl 62, has about 1500 hp more, has 200 firepower more and has a massive 28%* crit chance with fire spells. You might think i got imba gear but tbh all i've done is use quest rewards and i still got 2 pre TBC items which when changed with upcoming rewards will boost my crit chance to circa 29%-30%**.

At the height of my warrior at 60 i had 28% crit chance...in berserker and i had to sacrafice a load of hp to get it. This mage of mine is by no means an exception in my guild, more like the rule.

Leveling my mage is an absolute sinch. Soloing elites 1-2llvls higgher for massive xp while everything i did with my warrior was a struggle.

*32% for fireblast and scorch. This is all with molten armour.
    **Same as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

In reply ^^

Mages are a far easier class to level than warriors. Heck, any dps class is far easier to level than warriors, and some healing classes pretending to dps are easier than warriors. This has always been the case.

Secondly, going from crap gear to TBC quest rewards is a huge jump, whether you want to admit it or not. 61-63 quest rewards are the equivalent of tier 1 but with buttloads more stamina on it. And that has really only ever been the mages major weakness, stamina, with the huge amount more they've gotten they have gotten even easier to play in PvE.

But yeah, warriors have definitely been weakened in TBC overall, imho, and while I think it is quite sad, I also think things will improve alot for them once everyone hits the same gear level they once were at...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Probably isn't helping warriors that so many of the plate quest rewards in Outland are sta/int/+dmg/heal paladin stuff (makes me a happy bubblegirl though!).

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Dr_Teeth wrote:
    That was two weeks ago! Hunters are really very poor at 70 now. I do about the same dps as I did at level 60 pre-nerf. With everyone having 3k+ more HP there isn't enough time to DPS them down before we are deadzoned and killed. We also got no good PVP abilities in the expansion, not one. :(

The crit nerf is especially nasty. I'm down to 18% ranged crit now, was 25% at 60. Also there's resilience - this isn't a problem right now but when people start to stack resilience gear for PVP that will be another 5-10% crit reduction. Armour scaling also hurts, I had 40% absorb at 60, now it's 28%.

Hunters and Warriors are suffering now for the same reason - we both have deadzones where we do no damage and we now lack the burst DPS to kill other classes before they exploit it.

It's all to do with Itemization. I have only 20% ranged crit now at 70. Down from 27% at 60. This is partly due to me having still mostly level 60 gear on my hunter (T3/T2.5, a few T2). When i first got to 60 I had pretty crappy gear and about the same crit ratio. Start doing the heroic 5 mans and raids and crit rating will rise as intended. Nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

In Hellfire Ramparts last night & my Felguard was doing more damage & holding agro better than the warrior trying to be MT.
    :D

Just a shame I had to abandon all my points in destruction to get him.

• Advertisement

Gurgle wrote:
    In Hellfire Ramparts last night & my Felguard was doing more damage & holding agro better than the warrior trying to be MT.
    :D

Just a shame I had to abandon all my points in destruction to get him.

I have found this too, but the FG doesnt take as much of a beating. plus priests really dont like healing pets... doesnt bother me so much but it drives the hunters crazy.

and non prot spec'd warriors are really having a hard time tanking, although this can be expected.

Advertisement