Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nerf Imps.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

LFM - Feral Tank, last spot. Pretty common sight now in the LFG channel. I partied with a feral tank who had reached the cap on his armour for damage reduction. He had either 31k armor, or 27k armor, can't remember which. Either way it was somwhere in between 70-75% (or what ever the limit is) damage reduction and he still had 13k health as well, not to mention the shape shifts out of bear to innervate the healer if something went wrong and we over pulled in heroic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I don't think any mage ever had 30% crit rate with tier 1 gear and a mana pool of 7k which is what i got now? I realise this will drop (crit rate) when i lvl in a few thousand exp but its ridiculous.

I mean, aoeing at 58 ish i could take 3-4 mobs my own level but i'd be totally out of mana and hp. I just aoe'd 7-8 mobs last night and still had 50% hp and 66% mana...thats just ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, i love it but surely thats a little imba? (woulda tried aoe'ing more but it thats all the mobs i could find in one spot)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

It's all to do with Itemization. I have only 20% ranged crit now at 70. Down from 27% at 60. This is partly due to me having still mostly level 60 gear on my hunter (T3/T2.5, a few T2). When i first got to 60 I had pretty crappy gear and about the same crit ratio. Start doing the heroic 5 mans and raids and crit rating will rise as intended. Nothing to worry about.

I do not share your confidence, seeing as we can actually go to the vendors in Shattrah and see the tier4/5 sets for ourselves right now. They have pitiful amounts of crit - all the Hunter items in the game right now are PVE-oriented (AP, int, mana/5 etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Binomate wrote:
    LFM - Feral Tank, last spot. Pretty common sight now in the LFG channel

i still feel bad for the warriors in my guild. I mean, if they arent tanking they really arent much use in instances. Their dps is nothing compared to facemelters, rogues, locks and mages. and their tanking while they are in grinding spec is just woefull.

im always reluctant to bring a random hunter on my server to an instance (as most of them are idiots) but even hunters have more utility than a dps warrior.

makes me a sad panda, but at the same time when they re-spec at 70 im sure they will be shown more love again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Warriors need gear to improve, simple as. A nice epic 2 hander or dual wielding shiny swords, will put the smile back on any warriors face...

Just you wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

trying a Orc Warrior on Auchindon now.

Theres a few of us on Auchindoun now. I have a 28 tauren druid atm. Add Bzal if your looking for some Irish peeps.
    That was two weeks ago! Hunters are really very poor at 70 now. I do about the same dps as I did at level 60 pre-nerf. With everyone having 3k+ more HP there isn't enough time to DPS them down before we are deadzoned and killed. We also got no good PVP abilities in the expansion, not one.

You have the easiest class for kiting in the game. You are the second most imbalanced class for pvp after warlocks. Cry more tbh. You're complaining that you actually have to kite something a litttle to kill it now instead of the aimed, arcane, multi, auto barrage that had most people dead before they could get to your deadzone.
    i still feel bad for the warriors in my guild. I mean, if they arent tanking they really arent much use in instances. Their dps is nothing compared to facemelters, rogues, locks and mages. and their tanking while they are in grinding spec is just woefull.

Tbh Prot warriors still make superior tanks than druids. They might not have as much armor or hp but they have block value + other useful abilities like shield wall, retaliation, last stand ect + they are quicker at building agro. They definitely need a dps boost tho, an extra 5 yards put onto charge and rage generation put back to what it was pre nerf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

makes me a sad panda, but at the same time when they re-spec at 70 im sure they will be shown more love again.
    Well it has certainly made running instances in pugs easier. Running places like the Botanic/Arcatraz would be a complete pain if i wasn't prot spec. Place is hard enough in a guild run (where one mistake is death at times) to risk a pug until everyone knows it a bit better.

Guild m8 of mine is a 31/30 spec(MS, flurry and deathwish is tasty, mich better dps than pure fury atm) warrior with an epic 2 hander and he still got out dmg'd by a druid by a fair amount(not a tanking druid tho thank fook, i got that job being prot spec). Both out dmg'd the rogue somehow which the rogue was a little puzzled at seeing as he was one of our top melee damage doers in BWL/AQ40/Naxx. Guess he needs to learn stuff all over again :p

Anyway it will be interesting to see how things stand after stuff settles down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

BloodBath wrote:
    They definitely need a dps boost tho, an extra 5 yards put onto charge and rage generation put back to what it was pre nerf.

As I've said already, the rage generation "back to what it was pre nerf" will come when warriors get better gear.

The nerf as you call it, was a fix or rebalancing with level 70 in mind, as it were. Its the same situation as with introducing the ratings. If rogues/hunters and mages kept gaining crit rating etc. the same way at 70 as they did at 60 then you would have level 70 rogues running around with 70-80% crit rating. And all of them still using the blue trinket that gives 2% crit as it was so powerful.

The point being, if warriors at 70 still gained threat the same way they did at 60, then 1 hit from an epic 2 hander would see them have a nearly full rage bar. And I think as many warriors have demonstrated, a warrior with lots of rage is a dps machine.

Its the reason that our highest dps'er in my guild was a suiciding warrior, who would just run in and dps like a nut. Not caring for aggro and whatnot. He'd spam Heroic strike to his hearts content, with bloodthirst and such until he would eventually die. Though not before going top of the dps meters long before that.

So, as a result, warrior rage generation was "normalized" meaning it was reduced at 60 with the knowledge that once they hit 70 and got equivalent weapons, things would be back to before... So, give it time I say and the "nerf" and dps boost they so desperately require, will sort itself out.

As for 5 yards on charge. I dont see the point, but I think the majority of warriors would just prefer the fix to charging/intercepting while snared bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

BloodBath wrote:
    You have the easiest class for kiting in the game. You are the second most imbalanced class for pvp after warlocks. Cry more tbh. You're complaining that you actually have to kite something a litttle to kill it now instead of the aimed, arcane, multi, auto barrage that had most people dead before they could get to your deadzone.

haha, god.. I'm actually seeing a "QQ more noob" post on Boards, that's a real let-down.

Anyway, seeing as you mentioned kiting as some kind of amazing strategy in a game where everyone now has flying mounts that make them immune to CC, and where almost all PVP is around static objectives such as instance portals, zone objectives and battleground flags, I'm guessing you haven't the first clue of what you're talking about. I'll leave it there.

Advertisement