Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router for Digiweb Metro

Options
  • 02-02-2007 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hello,

I am going to buy a wireless router to use with my metro connection.Is there any specific ones that I should avoid? or all types of routers works with it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Avoid Belkin
    make sure it has no modem, but a WAN ethernet port. These are sometimes confusingly called "cable routers" but a real cable modem router has a coax port not ethernet for WAN.

Komplett.ie has a good selection as does Argos. PCworld often only has ADSL versions which won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

yes, probably, though not used it myself. Certinally exactly the right kind of one. My own is a rather expensive MIMO 108Mbps Super G sort of almost pre-preN, but a,b & g. Depends on your clients if they can take advantage of extra features.

Don't forget WPA or else 128 bit SHARED key WEP (not open key) setup for WiFi.

Advertisement