Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss On Tarmac

Options
  • 02-02-2007 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Can anyone advise me as to what to use on tarmac driveway which is about 6 years old, to rid it of moss. Even though I have no trees in my gardens, I am surrounded by them with a forest nearby.

I have brushed it with wire brush which is a PAIN but it keeps coming back.

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

I've used "Path clear" with a fair amount of success applied during a dry
    period..but the most effective i've found is to lightly powerwash the driveway, it stays away for ages:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Have a look at this Google ....

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=Moss+On+Tarmac+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

lot's of ideas ....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - I used Mossgone to treat a badly affected area on a wall & it worked a treat.
    (It is not exactly an eco-friendly product, but if you want to kill vegetation - what is?)

You can pick it up in most hardware stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

I haven't done this myself, so I can't be sure if it works, but a friend told me that using a steam cleaner (or wallpaper stripper) on any weeds or mosses works a treat. Could try it on a patch I suppose.

Advertisement