Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

erm....Happy 7th Birthday Boards?

• 02-02-2007 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Have a look at the Announcement at the top there.
    Cloud wrote:
    boards.ie is one of the largest indigenous Irish websites, and celebrates its 7th birthday as a company in February 2007.

Is there a specific date for this, or can we break out the party hats and poppers now?

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

seansouth wrote:
    Have a look at the Announcement at the top there.

Is there a specific date for this, or can we break out the party hats and poppers now?

Poppers! What sort of party are you proposing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

A nationwide Boards Beers event on the date would do the trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hill Billy wrote:
    A Sexy Party

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeay for Boards!

\o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'm very open to correction but i believe it is feb 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is it not going since 98?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Stekelly wrote:
    Is it not going since 98?

Tut, tut. Read your history dear sir. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

nesf wrote:
    Tut, tut. Read your history dear sir. :p

I was guessing from people that are registered since 98.

Anyway, the site really only kicked off in Feb 03. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

<----

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Boards.ie wasn't under the boards.ie domain until 2000 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hill Billy wrote:
    Queers use poppers, they widen your hole apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Thanks for the clarification...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Plug wrote:
    Queers use poppers, they widen your hole apparently!
    No no, they relax you and give you a slight head-rush type feeling for a short period, so apparently its easier for gay men to "initiate" sex whilst under its influence.

I know plenty of straight people who use them too, they don't last long but the kick(from the poppers) is actually quite pleasant.

Oh and hurray for Boards etc.

rb_ie wrote:
    No no, they relax you and give you a slight head-rush type feeling for a short period, so apparently its easier for gay men to "initiate" sex whilst under its influence.

I know plenty of straight people who use them too, they don't last long but the kick(from the poppers) is actually quite pleasant.

No, they also relax your asshole.

Giblet wrote:
    No, they also relax your asshole.
    Well, thats what I meant by "they relax you", they pretty much relax all your muscles, but my point was that the drug/popper itself doesn't widen gay mens assholes, the other guys c*ck does (the poppers just make it easier).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

RuggieBear wrote:
    i'm very open to correction but i believe it is feb 12.

Yay, that's my birthday too! Except I'm 13 years older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

A thread about a website's birthday turns into a thread discussing the physics of gay sex.

Yep, that's boards.ie for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

rb_ie wrote:
    Well, thats what I meant by "they relax you", they pretty much relax all your muscles, but my point was that the drug/popper itself doesn't widen gay mens assholes, the other guys c*ck does (the poppers just make it easier).
    You seem to know alot about poppers rb_ie:)

Plug wrote:
    You seem to know alot about poppers rb_ie:)
    Haw haw, I know what you're getting at there :rolleyes: :p

Well, it would be stupid to do a drug (if it can even be called a drug) that you have absolutely no idea as to how it will affect you, or what the drug does in general...then its just common sense I guess! They're used by both homosexual and hetrosexual people as both a recreational drug and a sexual aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Exit wrote:
    A thread about a website's birthday turns into a thread discussing the physics of gay sex.

QFT :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Exit wrote:

lol that's going to be my new sig now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ah I remember when it was just a Quake forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'm more worried about cloud referring to himself in the 3rd person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

rb_ie wrote:

horrible drug.
    I have a friend who uses it regularly. He loves it.
    He brought it to the pub one night and ended up spilling some on the floor. I walked in, bought a pint, walked over to my friends and almost threw up at the smell of the crap.
    It's pretty much the same as thinners or butane, but apparently less harmful. Does increase your heart rate though.

anyway, happy birthday to boards.

julep wrote:
    horrible drug.
    I have a friend who uses it regularly. He loves it.
    He brought it to the pub one night and ended up spilling some on the floor. I walked in, bought a pint, walked over to my friends and almost threw up at the smell of the crap.
    It's pretty much the same as thinners or butane, but apparently less harmful. Does increase your heart rate though.

anyway, happy birthday to boards.

I tried it a couple of times when I was about 15 and didn't know what it was. There's a brief fun high, but a KILLER headache afterwards. It messes with your vision too, from what I remember. I seem to remember looking at my skin and it being yellow during the high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

boards.ie Ltd., Ireland's largest message board community, has acquired the "Boards Group" set of message board sites from creator and boards.ie director John Breslin, in a move that opens the way for similar community websites to boards.ie in other countries such as the UK and the US. boards.ie is one of the largest indigenous Irish websites, and celebrates its 7th birthday as a company in February 2007.

To date, the Boards Group consists of boards.us, a site for discussing all things related to the United States, boards.jp, a Japanese animation fan site, and smaller discussion sites for New Zealand and China. Plans for international expansion involve boards.org.uk, which aims to become a sister site for boards.ie in the UK, and boards.tv, a television discussion forum that is currently in early development.

The acquisition also includes journals.ie and Planet Journals, a popular blog hosting and aggregation service that was established by Breslin in 2005. The boards.ie "eyes" brand, currently used on the classified ads subsite adverts.ie, will be extended to this service.

It reads like a press release for the national media, when's the floatation being announced? Will we get preferential or common shares?

Mike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

At first I thought you guys were talking about a different kind of poppers, or a cooked and breaded jalapeno pepper stuffed with cheese. Obviously not! Although something getting stuffed seemed to apply in both cases?

mike65 wrote:
    It reads like a press release for the national media, when's the floatation being announced? Will we get preferential or common shares?

Mike.
    I discussed this with John a few weeks back and he informed me that all mods will recieve a 0.1% share in the company, with Smods and Cmods recieving 0.2%.
    The floatation is due for the 22nd of may this year and shares are likely to be somewhere in the range of 37 cent.
    Subscribers will also recieve a kick back in the form of 2 months free subscription as a thank you for their support.
    Also, users with a join date of 1998 will recieve shares too, but only those who are still regular users.

this may not be entirely true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

for anyone who doesnt know what poppers are -

Click here.

Personally, i dont and never will have an opinion that its clever to use drugs for whatever high/etc. however its your own life to fúck up, do so as you wish.

on topic: happy b/day boards.ie

• Advertisement

Personally, i dont and never will have an opinion that its clever to use drugs for whatever high/etc. however its your own life to fúck up, do so as you wish.

Do you drink alcohol?

Nope. and dont even try bring age into it. EVERYONE in my class bar about 6 (im in ty) get absolutly pissed drunk at weekends/whenever they can. The most i will drink, ever is about 1-2 glasses of wine on special occasions.

Nope. and dont even try bring age into it. EVERYONE in my class bar about 6 (im in ty) get absolutly pissed drunk at weekends/whenever they can. The most i will drink, ever is about 1-2 glasses of wine on special occasions.

Haha, I remember saying the very same thing when I was about your age. No offence, challengemaster, but things can change. I'm not saying they will, but there will most likely come a time when you drink more than two glasses of wine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No tea/coffee/cola/chocolate ?

http://www.faqs.org/nutrition/Pre-Sma/Religion-and-Dietary-Practices.html
    Mormonism.

The law of health—the Word of Wisdom—contains the laws for proper eating and the rules of abstinence for tobacco, alcohol, coffee, tea, chocolate, and illegal drugs. Mormons must choose foods that build up the body, improve endurance, and enhance intellect. Products from the land, such as grains, fruits, vegetables, and nuts, are to take the place of meats; meats, sugar, cheeses, and spices are to be avoided. Reason and self-control in eating is expected in order to stay healthy

Faith wrote:
    Haha, I remember saying the very same thing when I was about your age. No offence, challengemaster, but things can change. I'm not saying they will, but there will most likely come a time when you drink more than two glasses of wine.

y'know i SERIOUSLY doubt that. im not the type who gives into peer pressure.

Capt'n: might want to not try be such a smart ass? we're not talking about caffine, and the like here. i do believe it was illegal and/or psychedelics.

i do believe it was illegal and/or psychedelics.

Poppers, alcohol, caffeine etc. are all perfectly legal.

• Advertisement

i never said they werent legal..

Such a child cm.

Hey i know you! i even think i met you once.. or was that god.. or are you god!?

yes

y'know i SERIOUSLY doubt that. im not the type who gives into peer pressure.

It's not called peer pressure, it's called "growing up". When I was 15, I would rant and rave about how bad drinking alcohol was, how stupid people were to drink it, how I could never understand why people were willing to ruin their lives by drinking... By 17, I'd copped on and embraced alcohol. By 18, I was enjoying it sensibly.

• Advertisement

really.. well thats you, isn't it. i've just been out with 3 mates for about 2hrs+, and they all had vodka in their drinks, and another bottle of vodka with them.
    they tried to get me to drink some, but you'd have better luck of getting a donkey to speak fluent english, irish and french. i just laughed at them. Drunk people are funny to laugh at. they act like such retards..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Faith wrote:
    It's not called peer pressure, it's called "growing up". When I was 15, I would rant and rave about how bad drinking alcohol was, how stupid people were to drink it, how I could never understand why people were willing to ruin their lives by drinking... By 17, I'd copped on

So the rest of us who don't drink haven't copped on, or grown up yet?

Challengemaster, I agree with you. Of course you are better off. If you don't need or want to drink, there's no reason to. I don't mind being around drunk people at all, just the kind that insists that we're missing something great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

boards is 7, i was 26 yesterday, starting to feel very old:mad:

Faith wrote:
    It's not called peer pressure, it's called "growing up". When I was 15, I would rant and rave about how bad drinking alcohol was, how stupid people were to drink it, how I could never understand why people were willing to ruin their lives by drinking... By 17, I'd copped on and embraced alcohol. By 18, I was enjoying it sensibly.
    I would actually call it more of a lifestyle choice.
    you choose to drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Um, it was 24 January.
    Type Company
    Number 319114
    Name BOARDS.IE LIMITED
    Registered 24/01/2000
    Status Normal
    Effective date: 24/01/2000
    Last AR Date 24/07/2006
    Next AR Date 24/01/2007 The 'Next AR Date' refers to the statutory Annual Return Date (ARD). This is a date after 1 March 2002 to which an annual return should be made up. If a company has annual returns outstanding for previous years the obligation to file these returns is a continuing one.
    Last Accounts To Date 30/06/2005

Giblet wrote:
    Such a child cm.
    Thats hardly an insult to someone who is a child.

legally.. yes

mentally.. i dont think so :)

mentally.. i dont think so :)

Children rarely do.

Advertisement