Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Safety

Options
  • 02-02-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I'm living in a rented apartment. I'm concerned about the fire safety provisions, we're on the 4th floor, and there is only one stairs in the building that we can access. There is another set of stairs on the other side of the building, but it is through a locked appartment.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could see the plans as submitted for fire safety evaluation? I'm interested to know is those plans show the other apartment as locked, or whether we're meant to have access to the alternative escape route. Does anyone know where I could inspect such plans, or who to contact?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Notwithstanding the plans that might have been submitted, if you're uncomfortable with the situation, I'd find alternate accommodation as well as making a formal complaint. Compalin to the Fire Officer AND the Planning Enforcement section of the Local Authority. No matter what was on the drawings, fore escapes behind locked doors are not a lot of use.

I have to admit staying in places that were deathtraps on hindsight. Rear apartments on the ground floor with barred windows, for example. If there was a fire in the long hallway, we'd have been toast. It's really not good enough!

Advertisement