Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Queues

Options
  • 02-02-2007 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Anybody ever go into the AIB ATM at Lynch's Castle and find people in one long Queue but not directly queueing in front of any one of the 2 ATM's there, as if everybody was just behind one but not sure which one to go to?

Happened to me today i went in at 11am, about 10 people behind each other for the ATM on the left so i said "**** this" as there was nobody for the right ( bar the person using it ) i quickly went right up behind that person and formed my own queue, was what i did wrong as the people copped it and began to form behind me too or did i do the right thing by easing the queue size in what is a small area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

What you did was wrong. The fairest queuing system in the "2 machine" scenario, is a single queue with the head of the queue going to the next available machine. This way everyone shares the burden of someone taking above average time at the machine, and everyone gains from the person doing a quick balance check.

An example of bad queue usage is the exit from Tesco on the Headford road (argos end), there are 2 left turning lanes and 1 right turning lane. Let's call the left lanes L1 and L2. L1 is the leftmost lane. Everyone coming from the Tesco side of this exit seem to go across into L1 despite the fact that the lane is clearly marked to be for traffice coming from the Argos side carpark (the one which goes along the side and around the back of the bowling alley). The correct lane to take when coming from the tesco side is L2 (Again it is clearly marked). I always use L2 coming from that side and always get dirty looks from people who are *in the wrong* because they think I am somehow cheating, and this despite the fact that the exits are wide enough for two cars to get onto the Headford road turning left at the same time. If you are one of those people using this exit incorrectly have a look the next time, the lanes are clearly marked! And yes I am the smug looking f*cker in the blue car to your right!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Steyr wrote:
    i quickly went right up behind that person and formed my own queue, was what i did wrong as the people copped it and began to form behind me too or did i do the right thing by easing the queue size in what is a small area?
    Wrong as this is just cutting the queue. It was not easing, it was cutting in front of people waiting longer than you. Try this on a Saturday evening on Mainguard street and see what happens.
    Though that queue is a joke how it cuts the street, even with sign on the frigging widow - "queue this way" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

may have been wrong but id have done exactly the same thing! that place rags me!!

is there any AIB machine in the city that isnt locked up at night??

I believe the ATM outside Nestors Supervalu is an AIB machine. You are aware that your AIB card will work in pretty much every machine right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

may have been wrong but id have done exactly the same thing! that place rags me!!

is there any AIB machine in the city that isnt locked up at night??

Thanks doll!:p Am have you tried the AIB ATM at the bottom right of Eyre Sq? Thats usually open all night!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Most people don't know how to queue, therefore you should slap them...all.

TBH I prefer the two lane queuing in Lynch's castle... seems somewhat faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I use the one in the Quays a lot, as well as the one in McGuires

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

biko wrote:
    Try this on a Saturday evening on Mainguard street and see what happens.
    Though that queue is a joke how it cuts the street, even with sign on the frigging widow - "queue this way" :rolleyes:
    Totally agree ... but what do you do, when, as earlier, I got there to find 10 people already queued halfway across the street? No point going and standing at the window, or everyone will think I'm trying to cut ... so I stand at the end, and the next person stands behind me, and so on!

Mind you, apart from the straggling across the street, the 2 machines / 1 queue works well in Mainguard St. One woman earlier was taking forever ... four people had used the other machine by the time she finished. Imagine being stuck behind her while the neighbouring queue flew by! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

I would have done the same, people who can't form a queue are viciously annoying

I propose we build an invention, called the "Queue-melter". Basically it seeks out people who aren't good at queueing, atomising them into...well... atoms really... thus leaving those who can queue well, making everything faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I get paid once a month. Go to the pass machine once a month. I hate queues so I take out a big wad of cash and leave it home and take what I need. Why......One night in Salthill a few years ago I ran out of cash and had to go to about 8-10 ATMs in a Taxi before I found one working - -> in Mervue Ind Est.; I got back to Salthill to be stopped going into the Nightclub becasue I had no ID. Sorry for going off topic but after that night I was pi55ed off with ATMs.

I propose we build an invention, called the "Queue-melter". Basically it seeks out people who aren't good at queueing, atomising them into...well... atoms really... thus leaving those who can queue well, making everything faster.

No no no i think those :rolleyes: Anti War people:rolleyes: might say the melter is liked to the Iraq War:rolleyes:

I believe the ATM outside Nestors Supervalu is an AIB machine. You are aware that your AIB card will work in pretty much every machine right?

yes im aware of that, thanks..:rolleyes:

sometimes its just handy to know how little you have in your account before you plan an almighty bender!!:D

yes im aware of that, thanks..:rolleyes:

sometimes its just handy to know how little you have in your account before you plan an almighty bender!!:D

Might have sounded obvious but your avatar is blonde afterall!

And it's never a good idea to know how much you (don't!?) have in your account before said bender! It plays havoc with the whole "I'm super rich" part of the drunken antics...

little stereotypical of you!?

when your next on your "im super rich" drunken antics, give me a call, i promise to take advantage!!

However if your username is in anyway true, it wouldnt be hard to be super rich when drinking!!

Sure just keep an eye out for me around halo or the warwick! You'll find the "rich" phase sometime after the "i love you guys" phase, and just before "always right" and "indestructable"...

*PHEW*

Things are getting steamy here... Get a cyber room guys... and get it all out of your virtual systems!
    Steyr wrote:
    No no no i think those Anti War people might say the melter is liked to the Iraq War

Tofu munching wánkers!

Tofu munching wánkers!

Your right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Why isn't there a proper ATM or two down around Dominic Street?

Do banks percieve a lack of demand? A high risk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wellpark needs an atm. Badly.

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:
    Why isn't there a proper ATM or two down around Dominic Street?

Perhaps because it's stacked full of peniless freeloading hippy scum, who don't use bank accounts because of the corporations™ and who couldn't anyway as they don't have a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of.
    :D

Perhaps because it's stacked full of peniless freeloading hippy scum, who don't use bank accounts because of the corporations™ and who couldn't anyway as they don't have a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of.
    :D

True, shower of dirty,smelly,freeloading,pot head losers.:D

Advertisement