Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving Movies in Google Earth

• 02-02-2007 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

I've searched the forum, but haven't seen this question asked, so is it possible to save movies of flying from one place to another in Google Earth without upgrading (and paying for) the pro version?

I am making a DVD of last year's holidays from my camcorder and would like to edit in some movies showing the places we went.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Yes it is, but you need the program Fraps

Fraps is a payware program, but you can get a trial version that records a video of maximum 30 seconds (no longer), and it has www.fraps.com on the top of the videos

Check it out on www.fraps.com

Download the free trial. It works on many programs, mostly games, but will do the trick for Google Earth.

It records them as .avi files, which are huge, but you can use a program like Windows Movie Maker to reduce them down to .wmv, which reduces size considerably, and isn't too hard on quality

If you want to record for over seconds and/or want to get rid of the www.fraps.com at the top of videos, then you will need to purchase the full program, but if not, the trial should be enough (if you are just showing on video the program flying from one place to another, 30 seconds is plenty.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Thanks. I will give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Thanks, I've been looking for a programme like this for ages, I use Google Earth a lot in my wmvs!

Advertisement