Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive newsagents in Dublin?

Options
  • 02-02-2007 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I went into a shop called O2 today beside DIT in Kevin Street. Bought a roll and was about to pick up a Yorkie until I saw the price... 99 cent! 99 bloody cent for a 5 chunks of chocolate. The mars bars are priced at 90c and all the bars range from 90c to €1. The bottle of club orange cost me €1.44.

It's a good thing the have prices on most of the things but can't be good for their business.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭replytohere2004

I don't go in to shops like that anymore.

saw 5 toffee crisp bars for €1 on thomas st market last sat.

Now that's mighty value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not sure if it's there now but there is a newsagents beside the traffic lights on Dame street (at bottom of Trinity Street) and I remember having a row with the owner over the prices in the last year or two. Will check today and see if it's still there as I have avoided it since the row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

P.S whats with newsagents just stocking bottles and either not stocking coke cans or stocking a pathetic little bunch of them that you have to search for.

aaarhgggh
    eirebhoy wrote:
    The bottle of club orange cost me €1.44.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

stovelid wrote:
    P.S whats with newsagents just stocking bottles and either not stocking coke cans or stocking a pathetic little bunch of them that you have to search for.

aaarhgggh

Yeah and alot of the time the cans are from Spain or Poland and all the writing is in a foreign language, this country is gone to the dogs. Kick out Fianna Fail and much can be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

The o2 shop up at Christchurch (beside Jurys) charges €1.99 for a 1 litre carton of regular milk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

netwhizkid wrote:
    Yeah and alot of the time the cans are from Spain or Poland and all the writing is in a foreign language, this country is gone to the dogs. Kick out Fianna Fail and much can be changed.
    Yes, because a new govenment will immediately crack down on these foreign cans of coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Terry wrote:
    Yes, because a new govenment will immediately crack down on these foreign cans of coke.

Well you may laugh at my comment, but I for one would not feel too comfortable drinking something that has no clear labelling of ingredients, or doesn't site any Irish details.

For all I know it could contain chemicals that would be bad for my health that may be banned here but is allowed in whatever cesspit country it was imported from. But of course peoples health is of no concern to the sort of people who goes to all this trouble to save a cents on a can of fizzy drinks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

netwhizkid wrote:
    For all I know it could contain chemicals that would be bad for my health that may be banned here but is allowed in whatever cesspit country it was imported from.
    Nothing wrong with gray imports, as long as they pass the savings on. But when they charge more for a product that was obviously cheaper to buy, that is just rubbing it in our faces.

Maybe our foreign cousins were offloading stuff here because we don't have enough health inspectors.

Advertisement